dorcas: third infusion

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 13. Oct 2010, 10:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
It's time to rally, folks, our very own forum guinea pig will be off tomorrow for her third infliximab infusion. We know that these take it out of her, so instead of the ice-cream van, I propose we hire a stretch limo, preferably in pink, complete with a hunky chauffeur and stocked to the gunnels with fizz, gin, voddie, white wine, red wine, various cocktails, drops of really good whisky, liquers and Tetley tea. Hopefully there will be enough room in there for her to lie down on the way home whilst we paaaaarrtaaaaaay around her to cheer her (and us) up. Are we on? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good luck dorcass

I am ready Dd with mi pinkflamingo suit. will be able to keep dorcass cool by flapping my feathers :)
    Will try not to tickle her nose .

JuliePF x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Good Luck Dorcas
    Will you feel up to a party :lol:
    I dont think it matters one way or the other...we are comiong :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Thank you damsel for being so thoughtful :wink:

and to Julie PF and Hileena for coming with me tomorrow.. :D

looks like we'll be travelling in real style...... but looking at all that vino etc....I don't think I'll be the only one needing to lie down on the way back. :lol::lol::lol:

this third infusion will bring me up to my 'optimum' dose... so fingers crossed it starts to do it's job after that.

thanks peeps.

Iris :mrgreen:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Iris
    Good luck with the infusion, I will have everything crossed for you :) I really do hope you feel the benefit of this one.
    Lots of love and hugs ((((())))
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Iris

Hope this went well for you, well, as well as can be expected??!!!
    You still swanning about in that Merc???LOL, Its a beast aint it, my dad used to get courtesy cars from his Volvo garage and they sold Jags too so he got automatic Jags, in end he told em he couldnt drive them as he's just not used to automatics....

Elaine n Sol
    xx x
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Hope it goes OK tomorrow, Iris.

Will be thinking about you.

Marion xx
  • stlucia
    stlucia Member Posts: 392
    We'll be there in your pocket!
    x
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Iris

I hope it goes well tomorrow for you. I know it takes it out of you afterwards so rest up.

Take care tomorrow

Janie xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Iris,
    I thought it was this week, will be thinking of you. Everything crossed for you. So sorry to hear that your knees are still so painful for you. Good thinking about kidnapping a stray consultant. Will send a lasso up to you. :wink:

Lv, Ix
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Iris,

good luck for tomorrow - hope this optimum dose makes a difference for you.

I'm glad DD is hiring a limo, get them to put a soft mattress and duvet in the back for your ride home - and hopefully the revellers will be out cold and quiet by then!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Hi Iris, hope it all goes well tomorrow.
    thinking of you hun!
    x
  • julie47
    Hi Dorcass

Just missed he bus can you see me I am behind you in elec wheel chair, oh blimey ,It doesn't go as fast as scooter.

I know my way though don't worry. Will have to call in cafe to get a coffee fix then I will jump in your pocket.

ope you don't feel too bad afterwards
    Thinking of you
    JuliePF x
  • dreamdaisy
    Right, the limo is a glorious shade of candy pink, and I found a load of self-adhesive diamanté sparkles so I have adorned the bonnet with a guinea pig! Looks fab! I have also found a driver - he goes by the name of alanmancunian and I think we could be in for an interesting ride as this is only the second day he has driven a vehicle in 25 years! Waaaay-haaaay! He has promised to have his shirt open to the waist , so we can see his rippling torso (rippling with what I have not enquired) and to wear his peaked cap at a jaunty angle, to aid the party atmosphere.

You ready dorcas? We're all here, you tell us when we're off and we will begin! Seriously, I hope it goes OK today, I know this knocks the stufing out of you, so I'll tell you what: when it's done and dusted I'll come home with you and we can both drape ourselves over various bits of your furniture, two dying ducks in a thunderstorm, and keep each other company. Howzat? Diabolic.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Morning all :D

:shock: the limo looks wonderful... damsel you have surpassed yourself :wink:

We're off at 9am..... so should be at the hossie before 10am.. traffic and parting allowing. :lol::lol:
    h025.gif

Not sure whether I'll have to wait in the ward as long after this infusion as previously. If not...I might be out as early as 1pm !.

Thanks for company and good wishes.

Iris xx :mrgreen:
  • julie47
    Whoops forgot about limo

I am following wrong bus.

Oh bug***r :lol:

JuliePF x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Hey what a great party in here ....... really hope Iris is doing ok with this infusion, and I have to say this is the most fantabulistic way to travel to a hossie appt :lol::lol::lol:

loads of hugs Iris.

WOnky
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Iris,

A cuppa, a ((( ))) and a bucket of bone drafts, knee drafts and side order of stamina and fortitude for when you get in.

You rest up flower and if you don't some demented pigeon will get Miss. L. Legs, Doctor H. Arry and the looms to all look after you... now that should scare this one into working. Another ((())) and well done for going through all this again. Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Iris

Just wondering how you got on today?

Couldnt come as i had a visitor who needed me :oops: I know the poor lass must be desperate :wink:

Hoping you are home - well and happy

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Hi dorcas, I hope that alanmancunian has navigated us safely back to yours because, to be honest, what with the pouring rain and a surfeit of gin I have no bl***y idea where we are or what's happening. Seriously, I hope it went OK/is going OK, and that you will make a more rapid recovery this time - hopefully your system is acclimatising to this stuff. DD
  • penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    Oops, sorry missed the bus again! Hoping today has gone well for you, Iris & you are now home & resting up.
    love Pennie X
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Toni and DD,

Bless her she has had a rough day and will be there till 7 :roll: xx

Iris an load more of the hugs and hopes and REST! xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh no. Poor dorcas. How horrid. I am sad. :(
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh Iris :(

I am so sad for you :(

I do hope you are ok

Cris is you are doing pigeon duties - a HUGE MONSTROUS hug from me please and the offer that you and me and Daisycat can have a go at her Cope for her?

Love

Toni xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Oh NO :shock: :shock:

thinking of you Iris and hoping that you're staying later so that they can get some help for your knees and not because the infusion has been playing up for you.

loads of hugs from me & my hubby sends you one of those special bars of chocolate I know you love :wink:

thinking of you

WOnky xxx

& Cris - thanks for letting us all know & do please let her know I'm thinking of her if you are pigeon-posting :wink:
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Thinking of you dear Iris, you are a brave soldier.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.