so so proud

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 24. Oct 2010, 09:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
today D made me feel so so proud :):):):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D we had a few days when i been upstairs and the postman came and on 2 occasions he not told me when someone was at the door, so last week i had a rehearsal with D me one side of sitting room door and him the other, i told him what to say,then i went out and knocked on the door, he then opened the door and said "wait there i'll get mum" and he remembered that today when the postman came, :D:D:D:D:D:D what a wonderful boy/ man as he now taller than both me and hubby and a teenager.

Just proves one thing over and over again us mums and dads do know our kids better than anyone and its about time so called professionals listened to us and stopped thinking they know best because they dont and never ever will in a million years.

!!! Mums and Dads rule !!! well the good ones anyway
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    He certainly is growing up, only49. He is learning more and more now, isn't he? He coped with the holiday, he is coping with school and now this. No wonder you are proud, and rightly so. And you are definitley right on one thing: it's parents that know their children best. Enjoy your weekend. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Sylvia

You are rightly proud of your son and his achievements, but well done to you too for teaching him so well. He obviously listens to what you tell him and follows your instructions, so that is excellent :D:D

Parents DO know their children better than anyone, and wise teachers should always remember that. I hope that D will continue to make good progress.

All the best

Joan :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Sylvia

Oh you must be so proud of him. He is learning fast now is't he? Give you and hubby a pat on the back. You put so much in teaching him he is now responding.

Love Trish xxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Well done Sylvia. You acted it out for him and with him so he had confidence and then showed you he had taken it all in.

I have a similar problem with my Daniel. He keeps putting the phone down on callers. Handy sometimes but I have to call 1471 and ring them back! Maybe I will try out a similar thing with Daniel. You having given me a good idea Sylvia.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • only49
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Well done Sylvia. You acted it out for him and with him so he had confidence and then showed you he had taken it all in.

I have a similar problem with my Daniel. He keeps putting the phone down on callers. Handy sometimes but I have to call 1471 and ring them back! Maybe I will try out a similar thing with Daniel. You having given me a good idea Sylvia.

Elizabeth
    thanks i got that idea from a program i watched ages ago called after thomas its was such a long time ago i think thats what it was called anyway, i found i need to act these things out like a play and in this case i was the postman and D was himself
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sylvia
    Once again your son is achieving more, because of your patience and love.
    You could learn the system a thing or two
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • only49
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Sylvia
    Once again your son is achieving more, because of your patience and love.
    You could learn the system a thing or two
    Love
    Barbara xx
    thats what i find so frustrating all i want to do is help make life easier for them and duncan but they cant seem to see that maybe i can help, oh well they want to live in the real world and if they saw it from D point of view then they would be in a stronger position to help D

have a look at after thomas on y** t***
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    we all know our children the are all individuals who need different things. we all have to stand back and see if what we think they need is what they do , to help them towards independance (at what ever level) is all parents can hope to achive well done he has made big step and you can build on it whith other things keep up the good work val
    val