Advice needed pls

Options
rugbygirl
rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
edited 1. Apr 2011, 11:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am after some advice from anyone who has had the Caudal Epidural.

My right leg is feeling like a cross between being numb and hurting and I cant do anything to make myself comfortable. I have taken all the tablets I am meant to be taking and doing all the things I should be.

I contacted the out of hours GP last night and I was told that this is normal but should be ok within 6-8 hours. That was 18 hours ago and I am still not happy about it but I was just wondering if anyone else had been through this procedure and has any advice.
Jakib0644.gif

Comments

• Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jaki,
    You poor thing, :| it's not bad enough having the procedure but you get this too! I've not had this done Jaki, but my advice is to trust your instincts, if you think it's not right then it probably isn't, contact out of hours again and tell them you need to see someone as it's not any better.
    I hope you feel some relief soon, thinking of you and sending healing hugs X
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi jaki
    I havent had the procedure so I can't advise you how it should feel .
    But if you are worried I would ring nhs direct and see what they suggest.

Just sending a hug and hope it feels normal soon.
    love juliepf x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Jaki,

Sorry your feeling i pain there and well when I had mine they couldn't get anything out but made 10 stabs at it. i stopped them then cus it was starting to really hurt....

Anyway the discomfort and pain did actually last a few days and I hoe yours will ease for you soon. hang in there and rest it for a bit but if it still hurts Monday see what your gp thinks. leaving a ((( ))) and a back get better bucket. Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Jaki

I hope today IS a bit better, but I can tell you (and tried to hint without putting you off!)

It WILL an does sometimes hurt post procedure. Tak ethe meds rest as best you can and wait....you have checked with them 'as knows' and can do no more but try to distract yourself and 'get through' the next day or so.

I hope this means they got the right spot and that when it starts to work it will work really well for you.

Hugs lots of them

Toni xx

If you are still no better and really worried then you have every right to ask for more advice from medical persons.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Everyone is different in how they react to procedures. For some the 6-8 hours may well apply, for others it could take considerably longer. I haven't had this done but when you think about what has actually been done then it's no surprise that things can take a while to settle. I had the aspiration etc nearly a week ago and yes, I was told that it will all feel better within 48 hours - really? Hasn't happened before and hasn't happened this time, the sore and raw feeling is now definitely on the wane but it has taken time, these things can. My knee joints are not supposed to have needles put in them, stuff sucked out and stuff stuck in (under some pressure, I presume) so it's no wonder they protest for a while. You know my line - doc's live with the theory, we have the reality. I hope things are easing for you now. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • rugbygirl
    Options
    Hi everyone

Thanks for the help. I am starting to settle down a bit. I have made sure that I have rested as much as possible even though I know I should be moving about its difficult when it hurts so much.

I have taken the pills and I am going to be getting about a bit more this week.
    Jakib0644.gif
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    hi Jaki
    Im so glad it seems to be settling down for you, I have everything crossed that you get lots of relief from it.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi jaki

So glad you are feeling a wee bit better.

I was starting to worry about you, but hope taht teh fact it hurt so much means it has 'hit the spot'.

love

toni xx
  • rugbygirl
    Options
    Hi All

I have been suffering a bit with the pain from the procedure and I am still in pain BUT and this is a very big BUT I have managed to go swimming.

I have been twice this week and the first time I swam quarter of a mile. I went again today and swam half a mile.

I am still sore from doing it but I have found something I enjoy doing which doesnt hurt while I am doing it.
    Jakib0644.gif
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I'm really happy that you are getting to go swimming Jaki, got to be a step in the right direction eh?
    Hope that soon the relief really kicks in and lasts for you..
    :grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • rugbygirl
    Options
    I am really pleased that this seems to have worked. I still get the occasional pain down my leg but I can cope.

Fingers crossed.

Hope you are ok and still got your dancing feet on :)
    Jakib0644.gif
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    rugbygirl wrote:
    I am really pleased that this seems to have worked. I still get the occasional pain down my leg but I can cope.

Fingers crossed.

Hope you are ok and still got your dancing feet on :)

I had a fairly good morning today, pain was only about 5/10, that is great for me.. Only lasted till about lunch time or so but who cares, I will take what I can get, lol..........

My dancing feet are well and truly stapled in place :grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Jaki,

hey well done on the swimming and flower it will calm down just it takes a bit of time cus it thinks its been assaulted.... that's what mine said anyway.

Really hope the improvement you have now will continue and you get some results that help soon. Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi jaki

well done you!!

I am well impressed :grin:

Keep it up if you can, but promise me you will not do TOO much? easy to do when you feel better.

Love

toni xx
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Well done Jaki, I'm so pleased youve gone swimming, it must feel like such an achievement after the procedure and pain you suffered.
    Hope you go from strength to strength hugs xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X