CCP

Options
karenjane
karenjane Member Posts: 90
Good Morning - I'm hoping you can help, I have had as yet undiagnosed inflamitory arthitus which my Rheumy had said he was hoping would burn itself out. That was a year ago - due to paid in my hands keeping me awake and stiff feet! my doctor took more blood tests.

All the tests came back fine but one of them the CCP they sent to Barts in London for testing and that has just come back, the surgery have said that i need to come in and discuss this test result with the doctor next week - but in the meantime i have no idea what it is or what it means!!! Could you shed some light on it for me please - be honest i dont scare easily and i'm pretty prepared for it all to be honest!

Thanks so much

Karenjane
xx

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,495
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Karen,

A CCP test stands for ‘cyclic citrullinated peptide’ this can detect for rheumatoid arthritis.

Remember that a full test diagnosis will be based on your symptoms a physical examination and sometimes xrays of affected joints rather than just a positive RF or CCP result.

Waiting for a diagnosis can be a particularly difficult time, remember that you can call us on our helpline to talk it through

Best wishes
    Adele