Bogus, fraud Email scam.... beware

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 15. Dec 2011, 07:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
Got a iffy looking Email on Hotmail. basicly saying that someone had tried to use my account 3 times in the last 24 hours, click on the link to restore etc , etc.
Good job I'm a bit clued up, because some O.A.P. or whoever, who'd click on the link, could be in big trouble.
Anyone else had them. Alanthemanc

Comments

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I get loads of them, I view my emails on-line which uses BT's security, this stops most of them and puts them in my spam box. I have to check it once a week it does get a bit over keen and put some of my usual mail in there, a good system though. If they do get through to my inbox I put them straight into my spam box without opening them.

No automated email system that is from a dependable user will ask you for your password. If you have to login to a secure page, always use a 'new' page not one from a bookmark stored on you computer. Use an email address that does not have your name in it if you use it a non-secure site, disposable ones are easily available. A few simple rules.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,443
    Options
    Thanks for the heads-up Alan

l will be extra careful

love

Toni xx
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Airwave , Thanks
    Frog, Hi, long time / no hear, not been on much, will hope to be on more soon, Alanthemanc
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Alan
    Thanks for the warning...they never give up do they....
    Love
    Barbara
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Just had another one, someones trying it on. Wonder where they are coming from, Nigeria or somewhere. Alanthemanc