thai curry

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 19. Jan 2012, 06:22 in Community Chit-chat archive
does anyone know a easy thai curry,has to be mild,my daughter doesnt like lemon grass or coconut,all the ones i have seen call for both.Mig

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    They have some easy to do recipes on Tesco website if you go to the home page and you should see recipes on there. If you can't use coconut you could try cream or plain youghurt, but you wouldn't get the same taste as coconut in it. Thai green curry is my fav food had one on Saturday! super yum!! :grin:
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    I have a thai daughter in law who's a qualified chef ~ would you like to borrow her , she's an amazing cook ! Jillyb
  • mig
    Options
    sounds good
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    ASDA
    1000s of them
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Mig

Had a look on the net and found this:

Instead of using a 14 oz can of coconut milk, use a smaller amount (8 oz) of skim milk or UNSWEETENED soy milk. The only noticeable difference to me is that the sauce is thinner, so I thickened it with a teaspoon of cornstarch, which gave it some more body. My husband didn’t notice any difference tonight, and happily devoured it. (I used the unsweetened soymilk tonight, and can only assume cow’s milk would work equally well.)
    And a bonus: substituting cows milk or soymilk for the light coconut milk cuts the calories and fat, and reduces the cost!

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • mig
    Options
    thanks all ,alpro now on shopping list.Mig