Pain related to polymyalgia rheumatica

Options
siamese
siamese Member Posts: 2
I am on steroids for the above. Symptoms have gone totally for everyday activities but I still get pain in my legs when walking, especially on inclines. Walking is a hobby so this is rather frustrating as I cannot go on any long walks.
I have tried different doses of prednisolone but it does not seem to make any difference.
Is this somthing that others have experienced?
siamese

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,495
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    siamese wrote:
    I am on steroids for the above. Symptoms have gone totally for everyday activities but I still get pain in my legs when walking, especially on inclines. Walking is a hobby so this is rather frustrating as I cannot go on any long walks.
    I have tried different doses of prednisolone but it does not seem to make any difference.
    Is this somthing that others have experienced?
    siamese

Dear Siamese

Thank you for your posting. It is especially in the shoulders and the thighs that PMR is often the most painful and stiff so you will need to check out with your GP if this is related to your PMR. You should also work closely with your GP to see if your steroid dosage will need to be adjusted. I have attached the following link to information about the condition for you http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/~/media/Files/Arthritis-information/Conditions/2032-Polymyalgia-rheumatica.ashx. I hope that this is helpful.

Best Wishes
    Dawn