Niece visiting from New Zealand

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 30. Jul 2012, 15:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
My niece from New Zealand is coming to stay while she attends the 'V' Festival in Chelmsford - can I look slimmer and trimmer by the end of August - yes I can. Salads rule!

Janet

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yes Janet you can do it!
    It is hard to lose weight when you can't exercise much, but you have a very good incentive. :D
    Good luck, and keep us posted on how it's going.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • knuckleduster
    Options
    Will do Numpty. Hubby could do with losing some weight as well as his trousers are looking a bit tight these days.

Janet x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I bet it'll be lovely to see her and I do wish you every success with the salads. It's amazing how many different varieties there are. Just go easy on the dressings.

Now then - husband + salad. Well, I can get away with it once a week but any more than that and I think the word 'divorce' might crop up :lol: I hope it all goes well, knuckleduster.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • knuckleduster
    Options
    Afternoon stickywicket

I know what you mean about husbands and salads - he often has a jam sandwich after his dinner which I tell him off about. Think I might be facing a losing battle with his bulge. I just had the most delicious nectarine - the juice ran off my chin onto the plate (not very ladylike).

Janet x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,436
    Options
    Lovely Janet!

I hope you have a great time with her :)

Salads are YUM :D

My Dad used to say he was hungry if a meal had no meat in it :roll:

Love

Toni xxx
  • knuckleduster
    Options
    Hello Toni

It will certainly be lovely to see Joanne. She is a travel writer and jets about all over the world but I think her trip back "home" is purely for pleasure.

It will certainly be SALAD tonight as it's a bit hot to have saucepans boiling their lips off.

Janet x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi KD.
    Hope you have a lovely time with your niece.. I have a cousin that was living in NZ, she's just moved across to Oz..
    Both places I'd love to visit.

Good luck with the rabbit food mi dear :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope you have a great time with your niece.My oh's salad consists of beetroot and tomato's wont touch anything else.Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,436
    Options
    :D

I love salad - well I'd love ANYTHING I prepared myself - have been without a kitchen for 4 and a half weeks now :(

Your neice sounds really interesting!

Mig my step daughter was like that, but now she eats pretty well all salad :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • knuckleduster
    Options
    It was salad again tonight. Said to hubby "if you want meat and two veg in this heat then you will have to cook it yourself".

Son is out with his girlfriend tonight, hubby is on an evening run with his vintage motorcycle club finishing at a pub and again tomorrow. And what am I doing? - I'm going to get the vacuum cleaner out now it's cooled down - yippee. It's a lovely evening out there, we used to get hot air balloons going over at this time of year, but haven't seen one this summer. Some years ago I went on a balloon flight over the Sussex Downs - a truly fantastic experience.

Janet xx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I love to see hot air balloons.. Fantastic things, very therapeutic to watch. Would love to go up in one some day..
    How's your niece enjoying the visit?
    Get some meat on the bbq wummun lol :D :!: :wink:

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • knuckleduster
    Options
    Morning Tony

At the moment Joanne is renting a place in Blackheath and will attending the equestrian events at the Olympics (not sure if in her capacity as a travel writer or not). She will be coming to stay with us over the weekend of the 18/20 August. She has a fantastic life in New Zealand. From her facebook photos it is all wind surfing, white water rafting, tall ship racing, drumming conventions and long distance horse trekking. If I was younger and fitter I would be tempted to join her.

Janet xx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    apart from the horse bit I think I would lol
    Sounds wonderful..
    I hope she has a great time over here.
    Bet she's feeling cold here :shock: :lol:
    Morning Tony

At the moment Joanne is renting a place in Blackheath and will attending the equestrian events at the Olympics (not sure if in her capacity as a travel writer or not). She will be coming to stay with us over the weekend of the 18/20 August. She has a fantastic life in New Zealand. From her facebook photos it is all wind surfing, white water rafting, tall ship racing, drumming conventions and long distance horse trekking. If I was younger and fitter I would be tempted to join her.

Janet xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP