Hello campaigningsurfer!

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 16. Jan 2013, 11:34 in Say Hello Archive
Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope we can be of help with support and information. I thought I'd start another thread for you because your introduction could 'fly under the radar' of Love2Draw's intro. :wink:

I have PsA and that has led to OA in my knees and ankles. I think you are very wise to keep yourself occupied as that does deflect one's attention and that is a necessary skill to help one manage life with arthritis. I am self-employed, I tutor dyslexics: due to a double carpal tunnel op last November I've been off work (I'm due to re-start next week because I can nearly write now!) and I have missed the diversion of work (and the small amount of money I earn :lol: ). I am nearly 54, happily married and happily childless. I look forward to seeing your name here and there around the forum, as I said to Love2 it's always good to hear new voices and experiences. I wish you well. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello CampaigningSurfer. It’s good to meet you and you’ve come to the right place for people who understand the pain, difficulties and frustrations of living with arthritis.

I wasn’t aware that cancer treatment made arthritis worse (I actually found it helped my RA at the time) but, as you say, it’s Catch 22. (A great book :) ) It must be difficult if you have an intolerance to meds. There are new ones coming out all the time so I hope you’ll find one that helps when you really need it badly.

Distraction is a key factor in dealing with pain. We all have our own favourites but, whatever rocks your boat is good in my book.

I hope you’ll join us on the other forums. Just jump in anywhere you like.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • campaigningsurfer
    campaigningsurfer Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you both for your welcome I have to say this forum is a little hard to find your way around but that is just another one of lifes challenges :)

You all seem so knowledgeble on the subject of meds and my doctor who I have recently changed to (due to dissatisfaction with my last one) does not seem to know very much so I look forward to getting to grips with what is new and more tollerent.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Re the meds - practice makes perfect :roll: It probably all sounds a bit bewildering at first. Basic rule of thumb - the nasty meds are for us auto-immune types and the ones that make you comatose are for OA :lol: Despite 50 years of arthritis I've learned a lot from coming on here. You'll soon find your way around. If not, please ask.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    Options
    Hello and welcome

:lol: @ sticky, so true though

Wendy x