My Right Hip.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 25. Feb 2013, 17:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
This was the unsuccessful Hollywood sequel to My Left Foot. :wink:

Right, my right hip started causing trouble just over one month ago. I am still working at my piriformus muscle which is helping matters to some extent (it's still in some degree of spasm thanks to my rubbish perambulatory style) and the front of my upper thigh is still numb. What is bothering me now is a 'tugging' feeling on the site of my oopherectomy which was done (on the right hand side) in September 2001. ( the removal of my right ovary due to an ovarian cyst which had twisted on its stem and cut off the blood supply to it and the ovary.) I had a slash-and-grab emergency op and I haven't thought much about it since but the site is definitely hurting now. I can feel definite tugs on that site and am naturally wondering if the two are connected.

I know that none of us on here are anatomists, doctors or surgeons but I would appreciate any thoughts that anyone might have as to whether this is a reasonable supposition on my part or whether I'm being stupid (be careful how you express the latter :wink: ) I've just been downstairs to replenish various drinking vessels and it's twanging gently. The hip hurts and so does the op site. I would have thought that I could be long way past the time of adhesions but perhaps I have some and they are being stretched somehow. I freely admit I am walking very badly at the moment so that could be a contributory factor but it is an extra irritation when one is really not needed. Isn't life frustrating at times? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It sounds probable that there is a connection - scar tissue, adhering to a muscle which you are now exercising more might need to be broken down or might just be inflamed and making itself known. Have you tried heating it to see if that soothes it?! Think you and Mr DD have had more than enough to deal with recently so I hope is extra but of irritation stuffs off and leaves you be.
    Loving your Hollywood sequel, :lol: only you!
    LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Hi dd, I got adhesionst after having an ovarian cyst burst under anaesthetic and had quite bad problems for several years until they were freed properly. They can check with ultrasound scan. Sometimes they hurt for a bit then the pain goes away. Not saying that is what it is but it could be one possibility. Another is muscular pain.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hello mi lovely. I just wanted to be the only one who says you're stupid lol.

I've no idea about lady innards etc so cannot offer any advice.. what I can offer is a heap of Yorkshire Blokey hugs.

Xxxxxxxxx

Sorry I've not been much of a friend to all on here lately but you are all in my thoughts
    Xxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Wey-hey! Tony mate, it's lovely to hear from you and I appreciate it even if you are being rude. :wink: And as for the not being here - forget it. We all need time away when things are rough and I know they're rough for you at the moment.

LV and salamander, I send my thanks to both for your input. What you both say makes sense, I have an eleven inch scar running from my navel to my pubis (told you it was a slash and grab) and thankfully I have very little memory about it all. I know I was worried about the recovery because I thought it would impinge on my knee being done (thanks to the tortoise-pace of the NHS for un-urgent surgery it didn't) and I still feel upset about those whose planned surgery I interrupted on 18.09.01. :oops: I think adhesions are to blame and are being felt because I am not 'walking but lurching' which is different to the 'not waving but drowning' thing. :roll: It'll ease or at maybe pass because all things do. DD
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    you are most welcome my dear friend :wink:
    And I am always gonna be a cheeky bugger :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,441
    Options
    Well if it doesn't DD

Maybe a quick ultrasound would establish the cause for certain???

Take care my lovely.

(Hey Tony :wink: )

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Mm, I was thinking on the same lines, Toni. As someone not a million miles from here would say - summat's not quite right.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Get thee to the doctors.Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Yes I'm with the others, an ultrasound to be on the safe side, so of to the docs to get it organised, is that not what you would be saying to the rest of us :wink: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    They're right you know :wink:
    ((((()))))
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I'm with the others. It could pass but it might not. I do think it needs to be checked out. Won't do any harm.
    Christine
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,937
    Options
    Hello DD
    you are going through it i'm sorry you take care go and see your doctor.
    what else could you have wrong.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • salamander
    Options
    The only thing I would say about adhesions, if you have got them is, you will know about if they are bad enough. Mine were on my fallopian tube and ovary and I couldn't walk when they flared up. The pain was very bad and took me into hospital on at least three occasions and sometimes the treatment can cause more problems. Do think it is a good idea to get an ultrasound though, in case something is going on. But I hope the pain has settled a bit.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh blast. :( I know you're all right. I freely admit that I have had my fill of docs and hospitals over the past few weeks but there is summat up and I do need to find out what's what. It's been a little easier today but that's probably because I currently can't walk very far even with the aid of the Clatterator. I'm on the thin end of my humira wedge and oh boy do I know it. We went out for Sunday lunch and then I was all up for a short wander round the town but my legs wouldn't let me. Hey-ho, no matter. It's case of mind over matter, I do mind but that doesn't matter. :lol: DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am pleased to report that things have eased. I've been concentrating on walking better and the tugging feeling has disappeared. Other things are hurting more as a result but one cannot have everything. :lol: I will continue to monitor things however, and if it reappears then steps will be taken (e.g. Mr DD, in the shed, with a pair of scissors :wink: ) DD
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Well I've heard of referred pain but isn't that a bit extreme....oh sorry you meant Mr DD to use the scissors....and if it comes after a session with Adnams' finest does that make it 'exploratory surgery'?
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    How do you do it? I'm giggling again! Thank you Daffy, I've just finished two lessons and I am whacked - I haven't concentrated for so long for months! There's summat cold awaiting me in the fridge to assist my cheffing. :wink: DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    DD I am sorry I have only just seen this...I'm glad to see you are smiling again...they wont keep you down for long...now are you going to see that GP or do we have to take you ...you take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • salamander
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better. Maybe it was a pulled muscle. I've just remembered having problems with my psoas muscle giving me pain in that area. Osteopath sorted it out, mainly with massage as I won't let him manipulate my spine any more - actually stopped going now for reasons I don't want to go into here - but he did teach me how to do it myself.

Anyway, hope it doesn't trouble you any longer.