Am I invisible or what

Options
Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 19. Jun 2013, 12:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
So fed up have spent most of my afternoon with a sleeping OH and dog with television on programs I am not interested in that Oh has put on in his more awake moments and then falls asleep again. with remote on sofa beside him. if I pick it up he says i'm watching that. :roll: oh what a great afternoon had enough now.
:x :x
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's all that weight you've lost, Carol. He doesn't know you're there :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Options
    :lol::lol: Never thought that one sticky perhaps as he has lost weight as well I should do the same. :lol::lol: if I can get hold of the remote of course. :roll:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    who said that
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    whos there
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Carol walk towards him with a glass of water and pretend you slipped...but mind the remote...we don't want that breaking... :lol: x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I know this very well. Here's a plan: ask him to repeat the last minute of dialogue (or more likely commentary) of what he was watching and if he can't then he has forfeited any right to 'watch' his programme. Alternatively buy another remote for your personal use but don't let on you have it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I get exactly the same! This weekend 'the kids' (cats) & OH where fast a sleep and snoring and the golf was on the telly so I sneaked very quietly (almost stealth like!) across to get the remote when 'I'm watching the golf' the OH opens his eyes! I replied you where not you where snoring! And his reply? 'I was resting my eyes!' The only time I'm acknowledged is when he wants a cuppa or to pass something, but that's weekend OH for you!!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Take the batteries out of the remote???

Alternatively I rather like DD's idea about a 'second' remote. Imagine the fun you could have :lol:
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Poor you Carol, my ex was the same the only time I got the remote control was when there was nothing on HE didn't want to watch :roll: smypathies my dear, I sorted the problem I moved out :lol: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I think it's a man thing. My dad did it and my ex did it. I think DDs idea is a good one. Buy another control, turn the sound down slowly then turn over. he might not notice then. :lol:
    Christine
  • Turbogran
    Options
    Thank you for all your replies do manage to creep across room to get my hands on remote almost as soon as I picked it up eyes opened then closed again so I put remote down by my chair and went to bathroom came back and OH says that program was on when I fell asleep to which I replied well I haven't switched it over yet so he sat tutting away on sofa so yours truly flipped and threw remote back onto sofa and said oh have your programs as usual at which point he explodes and throws remote across room at radiator and end up in three bits and no batteries to be seen. and he stalked out and came back an hour and a half later. big talks when he came back things seem to be a bit better today so hopefully it continues for a bit. we have at least spoken more today. :D
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Turbogran
    Options
    there were a few of your comments that made me laugh especially sticky with the weight loss and DD and Barbara with the glass of water and the 2nd remote control. this site is so good for understanding people you always get replies that lift you up again. :lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Glad things are a bit better for you Carol.

Unsure, what a brilliant idea.
    Christine
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I have control of the remote if we are both in the same room as he is usually watching something he's already seen, having so much spare time on his hands :wink::wink: but mostly we are in different rooms so watch what we want.

However my daughter seems to have the FINAL say and what she says must be obeyed. She likes programmes like vacations attack or extraordinary people.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    It's my daughter who hogs the remote so its bliss when she's either working or at uni :lol:
    My hubby's problem is between me and my daughter he hardly does and when he does it always goes wrong and deletes a programme or ends up getting confused with it all
    Bless I don't help as I say don't do that! And he freaks out :lol:
    How mean am I?
    Did you need to get a new remote after he threw it across the room?
    Glad you managed to have a chat with him
    Take care
    Maria
  • Turbogran
    Options
    No Maria I managed to put the remote back together and it has been working ok since unfortunately Elizabeth we only have the one tv I don't watch tv much as I do a lot of knitting and reading if he is watching some thing it just annoys me when he put it onto something he wants to see then sits with remote in hand and promptly falls asleep. and if you think oh i'll see watch else is on as he is asleep as soon as you touch it he is awake complaining I was watching that.
    Stay positive always👍xx