Really confused, high RF, low CCP test results.

Options
echeru
echeru Member Posts: 2
hello, I'm a little confused, have been having symptoms of RA for a while (stiffness, swelling, hot joints), I'm post partum (10 months) so was hoping it was just that but it hasn't gone away, so was sent for full bloods and RF test etc, RF came back high 298. and so sent for the CCP which came back as low at 1.4. Is this usual?
I have been referred to a rheumatologist anyway.
To complicate matters I'm in Sicily until next year so relying on health care here, my hubby speaks Italian, but I don't at present (something to do with looking after our little one, time disappears :D !)
Any thought on theses results would be much appreciated.

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,497
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dear Echeru

Thank you for your posting. We only have information that is relevant to the United Kingdom and please keep in mind the treatment names may be different outside of the UK. It is important that you have been referred to a rheumatologist as they should be able to look at your symptoms and the test results and these can be investigated properly. We are not medically trained so could not comment on the results themselves. There is more information about tests and diagnosis on the link http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/rheumatoid-arthritis/diagnosis.aspx
    You are very welcome to call us when you return to the UK on our freephone confidential helpline on 0808 800 4050 (10am-4pm weekdays).
    Best Wishes
    Dawn