Mark Duggan

Options
BluesWalk
BluesWalk Member Posts: 48
edited 10. Jan 2014, 07:46 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hey guys, so as most of you know this issue is everywhere at the moment. I was just wondering what your opinions on the matter are?

Personally, I hate the way society is at the moment. I don't like how we can't let the police to their job without constantly harassing them, making them accountable for every decision they make at the cost of the taxpayer. The truth is the police go through years of training and as society we put our trust in these people to protect us.

Mark Duggan was a gang member who had just picked up a gun so police knew he was armed. I mean if the policeman thought that he was in danger and shot this gang member, what is the issue? I think it's just the whole lack of respect towards the police and it sickens me.

If I ever have any chance meetings with the police, I am always very polite and cooperative fully. I see it all the time in these police camera things where people are cheeky to the police, back chatting and abusive.

Anyway what do you think?

Comments

• numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think and I know (I was married to one for 21yrs) they do a job that the majority of the public couldn't do! It always makes me angry when a member of the public criticises the force and yet they are the ones that call the police when something happens. They do an amazing job under such ridiculous (sometimes) circumstances with so much red tape attached to each job it's frankly laughable.
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I too respect the police because the majority of them do a very good job (they are the ones you don't hear about). I've never tangled with the constabulary because I is a dull, law-abiding good girl but this young man? Apparently he was known to them as a frequent flier in an extreme capacity so I reckon you gets what you deserve. I can understand the family's distress at the verdict but it seems to me that again and again the role of the police is undermined by those who shout the loudest (usually because they are the emptiest of vessels).

I am curious about how many women bore his six children. To my way of thinking to have fathered that many before the age of thirty is indicative of his total lack of morals. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    All I know is this isn't a race issue its a Police competence and trust issue, the sooner they get cameras on their MP-5's the better for all, its crazy to think they haven't done so already. This isn't a race issue as the Dugan family are saying, the Police have shot and killed just as many white people and some in obviously dubious incidents, the Mark Suanders case was a classic example, and as we've seen from Pleb gate that high level Police can and will lie, so its no wonder people don't trust them, I know I don't fully, but I've had dealings with them so I know how devious and downright nasty they can be, but that said your average beat copper isn't a problem its those higher up who are as they have far more power. And power as we all know can corrupt.