toilet seat covers

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 2. May 2015, 14:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Stickys post about toilet seats got me thinking :o does anyone use disposable covers and if so what do you think of them ? Mig

Comments

• Fionabee
    Fionabee Member Posts: 146
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've seen a machine dispensing them in a service station on the motorway, do you mean those things that protect you from sitting on a mucky toilet seat? I didn't know you could buy them for home use. Not sure what the point of them is at home. I wonder if I'm thinking of the wrong thing
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I never have, but your post reminds me of a funny incident, Mig. Some years ago now, on holiday in France, we went to see Monet' s house & garden. I had to visit the 'ladies,' and it featured revolving seat covers! It literally swung round a fresh one in place after each flush, which was a new one on me.

So while hubby and sons were commenting on paintings and flowers and bridges, my abiding memory is the ladies loo!! Left a lasting impression!!
  • mig
    Options
    It wasn't for home use i was thinking ,i went on am---n and you can buy them individually wrapped so you could pop one in your bag.
    I have visited monets garden but never saw the revolving seat covers what a great idea. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Mig, that to me sounds like a plan. I avoid public toilets as much as possible because they are rarely pleasant but that would help to relieve ( :wink: ) one hygiene concern. I shall investigate and thank you for the heads (boom boom!) up. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    Options
    Not individually wrapped but in packs of10 ,have ordered a couple of packs with £1 postage it still came to less than a fiver.If anyone looks for them on am---n don't jump at the first ones sometimes you can find the same ones cheaper if you go through the lists.Will give them a trial and get back to you . Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Disposable covers? What's the point? I can't even reach the loo :lol:

In the US, and transatlantic flights, they're in all public loos.

I believe there are actually more germs on the average computer keyboard. Or is that just MY computer keyboard :oops:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I have heard of them Mig, but think there is enough stuff in my handbag.. :o:lol:I tend to hold on till I get home, but do take my antibacterial wipes with me when on holidays..
    Love
    Barbara