Back in the Forum

Options
ScottiePam
ScottiePam Member Posts: 32
edited 22. Jan 2016, 04:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello All,
Last post was August last year, have been blogging on the Scotland site with adaptive gardening. As changes are in the air, I shall be back on the forum.
Do any of you have gardening difficulties? :shock: I do and have found ways to "keep on gardening". Ready to share thoughts and ideas.
Back Soon............ 8)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I remember your previous posts about gardening and I am pleased that you are able to carry on doing something you obviously enjoy, that is a good thing. What I am not so clear about, however, is how you are affected by your arthritic troubles; if it's not too troublesome, would you be willing to post a little more detail? For example, do you have one or more kinds? Are you reliant on crutches, a rollator or a wheelchair for getting around? I'm sure this kind of detail has been covered but not in my part of the world (East Anglia, apparently a desert when it comes to rainfall). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ScottiePam
    ScottiePam Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Hello DD and everybody else,
    I have osteoarthritis pretty much everywhere,1 THR, my hands are now also worsening, and I walk with a rollator. For now.
    Apart from gardening, I teach Tai Chi for Arthritis and Seated Physical Exercise :lol:, which is really good fun - all squeezy balls and music - plus I find Qigong for Health good also.
    As I older and stiffer, and I will, my garden adapts - if we ever get a blog going on this site, I can post piccies!
    My latest idea is Mindfulness in the Garden - not as complicated as it sounds....... :)
    Cheers
    Pam
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    We don't have a blog but we do have a gardening thread called 'Anyone for gardening?' It's on Pg 7 of Chit Chat. It's by 'tillytop' and the last post on it was May 8th last year. It has lots of photos. I'm sure more would be welcome and quite a few people might enjoy being prodded into what passes for action :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    We have a walled garden (160' long by 35' wide) with raised beds down one side which are backed by the wall. They are quite high and have some very depth, I cannot reach to the middle let alone climb into them. We also have two long flower beds along the house and one along the side of the garage. The lawn is lengthy too - all hard work! Due to two kinds of arthritis and very damaged knees and ankles I am confined to walking aids (not a chance of losing them either) so I have had to seek help with mowing the grass, maintaining the garden and dealing with the 140' drive - that is edged with mostly shrubs, roses and a great deal of ivy but it still needs weeding. I can just about manage to spray weed killer all over the gravel but that hurts the hands. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I found the gardening thread on CC and bumped it up for you. DD