Its all or nothing with me !!!!!

Options
Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 27. Oct 2016, 11:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
I certainly don't do thinks by halves as my old mum would say if she were still with us.

yesterday after having problems with bank and having stupid foreign call centre staff and getting absolutely nowhere. I go down to our high street for my dinner as I went to cross the road my front wheel hit a pot hole walker tipped and forward I went with it and ended up in the kerb, with my right leg trapped in it somehow managed to get up with help, and back on the pavement to discover that I have twisted the frame. At the moment only three of the four wheels touch the ground. I managed to injure myself in the bargin. what a hell of a day was glad to go to bed last night, although didn't sleep too well for worrying about how I was gonna manage without the walker. :(:D
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thank you Sharon It was one I brought myself cos i'm not under the hospital with the osteoarthritis as it managed by my doctor with the aid of medication and they don't give you anything. yes I was very frightening but the injuries will heal, after a sleepless night worrying how I was going to manage until I can get it fixed. I had a conversation with my husband this morning and we have hopefully come up with a solution so its fingers crossed it will all work out .
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi Carol,
    fingers crossed for you. As you are managed by your GP you could always ask him if it's possible to have a visit from the community occupational health therapist, she would be able to provide you with a walker and possibly some other bits of equipment. There may be a bit of a waiting list but it might be something worth considering. Look after yourself.
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    :shock: Hope you feel better soon,(((()))) mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oooooh nasty. :( I have troubles with my rollator when the ground is uneven - cobbles are the worst! - and this has nearly happened to me. We have to keep one eye on the ground and one on what's happening around us, don't we? I am so sorry, I hope you feel better soon and I think the Mod's idea of getting in touch with your GP's surgery is a good one - if you don't ask you definitely won't get. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Oh Carol, I'm so sorry. I remember your previous rollator let you down too, didn't it? I think it would be a good idea to contact your local Adult Social care people to see if they can help. They don't usually hand out big items like rollators but might be willing to make a contribution so you could get a better one than would otherwise be possible.

I'm writing with great feeling for your hurty bits right now as I have just, for the second time in two weeks, attempted to head a cupboard on the wall. The cupboard won :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    That sounds awful! Take care of yourself xxx
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich