Blood forms

Options
Mavic
Mavic Member Posts: 12
edited 23. Aug 2019, 05:13 in Chat to our Helpline Team
As to my post yesterday about low platelets. I have been asked for another blood test in the morning. I usually have this done at my surgery as I am a fair distance from the hospital. Thing is my rheumatology team usually gives me a blood request form, because I didn’t have my treatment I didn’t have another form. I called them up they said that they would send me one out, my appointment is at nine in the morning and the postman don’t arrive until the afternoon.

Does anyone know what they request for on the form, as I don’t think my surgery nurse would know. So that I can tell her what they need.

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,497
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Phil,

Thanks for posting again on the helpline forum.

It sounds as if it would be good to contact your GP surgery and speak to the practice nurse. It may be possible for you to have a later appointment when your blood test form has arrived. Your practice nurse/GP may be able to liaise with the rheumatology team directly. The practice nurse would be unable to go ahead with a blood test after only hearing verbally from you what is needed. They would need the form and/or direct contact with the rheumatology team.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Fiona, Helpline Advisor