Has anyone else got pelvis osteoarthritis?

Angiec
Angiec Member Posts: 11
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Im new on here and not sure if Im doing this right, would love to here from someone with same arthritas, as I have been told its a rare one

Comments

• Angiec
    Thank you Vicky, at least I know it’s working
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

Hello, I think this might also be known as sacroiliitis, inflammation in the sacro-iliac (SI) joints: these are the ones in the pelvis that join the hips to the lower spine. I have psoriatic and osteoarthritis and both my SI joints are affected but by which I neither know or care. They hurt all the time, and have done for years, that's info enough for me.

All of us on here know how debilitating and tiring ongoing pain can be, we all get it because we've all got it, here, there and everywhere. I wish you well. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Angiec
    Apparently not the same, mine is the symphysis pubis and right posterior facet joint . I was aware every one was suffering just wondered if any one had the same , as I am yet to meet anyone. Be nice to share symptoms with them that’s all. I thought that was the idea of the group . Maybe not .
  • Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

It certainly is the idea of the group Angie.

I do not have any personal experience of this, but had a friend who suffered very badly during pregnancy. I don't know if this is in any way similar to your condition I suspect not as that condition sounds much less rare than yours?

It would be good if someone else did have the same condition as you it can feel very isolating having something as unusual.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• Angiec
    Thank you Ellen for your kind and caring response . I suppose it’s similar as I often describe the pushing down feeling as similar to when I was pregnant or a heavy period. The feeling your whole inside is going to drop out 🤦‍♀️ At that point i know I have to stop what ever I am doing . A flare up is on its way , many thanks again. I have faith back in this group again . Angie
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

Oh I see, thank you for the extra detail, that does make everything clearer and I now understand how specific your condition is to you. I cannot recall anyone on here with the same but maintain that pain is the common experience we all share so there is understanding available. I honestly cannot help as I do not have your specificity and I apologise for troubling you. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Angiec
    Thank you
  • YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076

Hi @Angiec

That sounds like a very uncomfortable feeling, I can understand the urgent need to stop work and take any precautions available to you. I don't share your condition and I can't find anything from any trusted source on the internet either which isn't very helpful. Is your arthritis limited to this area? Did you have a fall or injury, I know that can trigger osteoarthritis even years later.

I will keep investigating

Take care

Yvonne x

• Angiec
    No fall that I can remember . Thank you . Keep smiling 😊
  • Katie122
    Katie122 Member Posts: 4
    Hi @Angiec , I have just posted as new here too. I have symphysis pubis osteoarthritis and haven’t found any info whatsoever on it! Thought I was the only one! Please share with me any info you have. I have now had a pelvic/hip MRI.
  • Angiec

Sorry to be daft but it would be nice to talk to Katie if she wants to. How do I do that Toni

• Angiec

Thanks but I have now worked it out

• Katie122
    Katie122 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks ladies! I’m going to try and find my private messages @Angiec x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Sooooo brilliant you have found each other @Katie122 and @Angiec this is what this forum is all about🙂

• JoeB
    JoeB Bots Posts: 83

Do you mean inflammation of the sacro-iliac joints or the acetabulum (hip sockets) ?

Arthur