Swollen Ankles/puffy ankles

Options
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• sunnyside2
    sunnyside2 Member Posts: 131
    Options

I have puffy swollen ankles. I didn't really think much of it but the heart consultant I saw seemed to think it was a problem and put me on water pills - which did make them go away (also makes me run to the toilet rather a lot)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SausageFingers
    SausageFingers Member Posts: 34
    edited 14. Mar 2021, 02:35
    Options

I have pain and swelling at the back of each foot, sort of where the achilles tendon meets the bone there's a lump. Makes walking difficult sometimes when the pain is bad.

Anyway a couple of months ago I noticed I was getting mild swelling in the ankle area towards the end of each day, and a little bit near the toes, which went down overnight. Also get some sock-marks on my legs, although looking at those no one would say they're swollen. I sit all day (working from home).

Obviously reading the internet it's definitely heart failure! haha

I spoke with my GP and sent some photos and he wasn't in the least bit concerned about it. Just said it is part of this arthritis thing I suffer and quite common.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SausageFingers
    Options

Good luck old bean 😀

I was doing long walks (5 miles or so) and it was after that I noticed it getting much worse, and that pain in the achilles or whatever was evil after a walk. Haven't bothered since.