Bionic woman

Options
Pamsytam25
Pamsytam25 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hello. I have arthritis in every joint. I have had a spinal fusion, 2 shoulder replacements and 2 knee replacements. I am waiting for a hip replacement. All operations were successful except for back one. I still suffer from chronic back pain.

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 888
    Options

Hello @Pamsytam25 and welcome to the forum. We are a friendly and supportive bunch and I hope you find it that way as well.

I see that you have a lot of arthritis in your joints and still suffer chronic back pain. Good to see that the shoulder and knee replacements were successful, let's hope that the hip one is as well when you get it.

Our website contains a lot of useful information and I urge you to have a look around it. A lot of information can be found by using the search function and I've put a couple of links below which you might find of interest.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you get on, and I am sure that others will connect and share their experiences and support.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Options

Hi @Pamsytam25 I too have Osteoarthritis in every joint. I have had 2 hips replaced, 2 elbows replaced, 1 knee replaced, 2 ankle fusion and am at present on the list for my other knee replacement to be followed by 2 shoulder replacements and am awaiting an appointment with a spinal surgeon to see what can be done there. I am happy to meet someone with similar experiences to mine. I think of if all my surgeries I am most afraid of any spinal surgery. What was the spinal fusion like? It really scares me. Anyway like yourself at all family get togethers and every hospital appointment I am known as the Bionic Woman too, it's a standing joke that follows me around. I hope you are well 😊

Big Hugs
    Jean xx