Newly diagnosed with RA

Options
YvonneH
YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi @HughJarce61

I am afraid we have had a tech issue which has resulted in your initial post disappearing. However I know you are newly diagnosed with RA and are generally very fit.

If I have missed anything do post it in reply to these comments and I will get back to you

Yvonne x

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

@HughJarce61

A very warm welcome to the community and a very large apology for things not working as they should. However as you are now a member all future comments should appear immediately in the community.

I'm linking to a page from our web site which covers the basics of rheumatoid arthritis

Rheumatoid arthritis (RA)

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/rheumatoid-arthritis/

I believe you have been offered methotrexate or sulfasalazine, linking to those pages too just click on the name.

Keeping fit is really important with any of the family of arthritis conditions. Do continue with that, but be aware of any areas of pain, gentle stretches will be good for those areas until they settle down.

Many of our members joined when they were newly diagnosed, myself included so they are all happy to answer any queries or concerns you may have. Don't be shy!

Take a look around the community and join in wherever you feel comfortable.

Take care

Yvonne x