Options
annanderson2406
annanderson2406 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I have just joined and I hope to give and receive helpful advice and tips. I am 63 years old and suffer from arthritis in multiple joints and also spondylitis in base if spine. I had to give up work in April last year and after working all my adult life I’m struggling a bit with the changes in my lifestyle

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 975
    Options

Hi @annanderson2406 and welcome to the online community,

Having to give up work because of your arthritis and spondylitis after working all your adult life can be challenging, and it's understandable that you are struggling a bit with the changes in your lifestyle. You have made a good decision to join this community - it's a place where you can share your concerns and offer support to others and you'll find plenty of good advice and friendly support. It's great that you hope to give advice too - I'm sure you will fit in really well!

You might like to have a look at the link below from the Versus Arthritis site. It talks about the emotional impact that arthritis can have, and offers advice on what support is available and also how you can help yourself.

Do have a look round the community - there are several different forums you can visit, and feel free to join in wherever you feel comfortable.

Best wishes,

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm