Cervical Spondylosis

Options
Bluemoon
Bluemoon Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Following a Fusion on C4/C5 in my neck in 2009, I have had persistent pain in my neck. My GPs diagnosis was Cervical Spondylosis. Over the following years they have prescribed me all the pain medicines to no avail, but resulted in several side effects. One of my new doctors asked the local hospital pain clinic to try Radiofrequency Denervation (RFD) to try and block the nerves around the facet joints. After six months of waiting, they turned me down with the explanation that it was difficult to perform and may be not work. Have any of the other members had RFD in their cervical Joints and was it successful. I have found the Versus Arthritis exercises my main benefit in staying active and taking my mind off the pain. Mike

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 991
    Options

Hello @Bluemoon and welcome to the online community,

You’ve been diagnosed with Cervical spondylosis and you have persistent pain in your neck. You were recommended for radio frequency denervation but have been recently been turned down because it was considered difficult to perform and isn’t always successful. You would like to know of other members’ experience of this procedure.

Some of our members have been given this treatment, and it will be interesting to see what responses you get. Here’s a recent thread from a member who was also considering it - have a read and perhaps you could post on the thread to see whether she has had it done?

It’s good to hear that the Versus Arthritis exercises have helped you - many members, including me, have found them really useful to help with the pain and to keep flexible. I’ve posted a link below about neck pain - it mentions radio frequency denervation and also suggests other ways you can help deal with the pain:

Do let us know how you’re getting on,

Anna ( Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    edited 22. Mar 2022, 12:06
    Options

Hi Mike @Bluemoon

How awful to let you down like this when you were so hopeful it might help. I am so very sorry. There is a chap who used the forum loads in past years @tjt6768 I know he has it on his back quite regularly and it helps him no end.

It must feel like you've been left high and dry.

Have you tried (sorry if this is annoying) a pain clinic at all? I also have cervical spond but clearly not in your league and when it troubles me it's the worst pain ever it makes me heave it's so bad. I tend to do no more than take painkillers and drink prune juice and rest with my warm wheatbag wrapped round my neck. I'm sorry not much use but you do have my support ((()))

Take care

Toni xx