New

Options
Lindiloo
Lindiloo Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hello. I'm new to the community. I am here as I have arthritis in my neck, fingers and toes.

I am a 62 year old female and over the last few months the pain in my hands is getting worse and some of my fingers are bending at an angle and look awful. My toes are slowly getting worse and by the end of the day they have a pain/burning sensation.

I have tried researching online but not really found any answers. Hopefully being in this community can answer some if my questions.

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 758
    Options

Hello @Lindiloo and welcome to the online community

You have arthritis in your neck, fingers and toes and hope that the being part of the community will help you answer some of your questions about your condition. Well, you have come to the right place we are a safe and friendly place and offer a wealth of information and support to anyone affected by living with arthritis.

I attach some links which I hope you will find helpful

Some of our members use heat and/ or cold pads or treatment to help with the burning sensation you describe.

I find warm water in the morning and cool air ( hands and feet outside the duvet) during the night, the way I deal with the same problem. I am sure there will be more suggestions added soon.

Do take time to browse round the discussions and activities there is a lot going on in the community. We look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Take care

Poppyjane

//

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Lindiloo
    Options

Thank you for your support. I've just been looking at hand exercises as I am trying to avoid taking medications as not supposed to take ibuprofen so looking at natural remedies. If you have any ideas on this that would be good.

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options

Exercises are very good. Natural remedies? I'd say there was no remedy, natural or unnatural😊 Ask your GP or pharmacist. There's more to pain relief than anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @Lindiloo

Is this what you meant by natural remedies?

I hope it helps.

Ellen.

• Lindiloo
    Options

Hi Ellen

Yes this is exactly what I mean. Thank you.