Pubis osteoarthritis pain

Options
Kaycee42
Kaycee42 Member Posts: 6
edited 15. Aug 2022, 15:10 in Chat to our Helpline Team

Hello

I had been feeling really good as I had steriod injections in my sacroiliac and feet so I was digging in the garden when I had an extremely sharp pain in my publis. Now when I walk or do anything I get a sharp pain. I have no cartilage left in this joint. I wonder would you have any advise on pain relief not sure what to do or take. Many thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,497
    edited 29. Jun 2022, 13:55
    Options

Hi @Kaycee42,

Thank you for joining and posting on our online forum, we are sorry to hear about the pain that you are experiencing in your pelvic bone.

This could possibly be caused by the excessive gardening that you have been recently doing and the importance of pacing ourselves, this can often happen to people when they are having a good day and try to do too much.

We would suggest that if the sharp pain continues in that area that you contact your healthcare practitioner and explain your symptoms, otherwise it may help to speak to your local pharmacist to see if they can suggest anything to help with the pain, alternatively heat and ice treatment may also help, applying a hot-water bottle, wrapped in a towel to protect your skin, or a wheat-bag that you heat up in a microwave can help to ease pain. An ice pack, again wrapped in a towel to protect your skin, often helps to reduce swelling and discomfort. Ice can be applied for up to 20 minutes every couple of hours.

Best wishes

Chris

Helpline Advisor