Suspected Arthritis. Could it be Lymes.

Options
MalcolmD
MalcolmD Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

I have suffered sudden arthritis in my knees. Last November I was running regularly but by Christmas I could hardly walk due to pain on the insides of my knees. (There has been no loss of movement or strength but around Christmas time, I had covid). Since then I have excruciating pain when I walk more than a 100 yards and find sleeping difficult. I have finally had blood tests and an x-ray but no formal feed back from my doctor. I was bitten by a tick back in August. Given the sudden onset of this should my doctor be considering Lymes disease?

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

hello @MalcolmD and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have pain in your knees and wondering what the cause could be. Is your doctor getting back to you at some point with the results? If not I would pursue it as they are the ones who can diagnose. In the meantime the following articles from our website might be of help.

and from the NHS

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support and experience as well.

With best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• MalcolmD
    MalcolmD Member Posts: 3
    Options

Peter, Thanks for your very sensible reply. I have a telephone follow up call scheduled with my doctor for the 4th May. Your article referring to knee pain not often being from arthritis is most interesting as pain is my only symptom. It has been most frustrating trying to get help from my gp. I feel very isolated in terms of aupport. There are no face to face appointments and a six to eight week waiting times on telephone appointments. It seems the NHS in Shropshire is in complete meltdown. Four months and still no diagnosis. Thanks again for your support. Malcolm