Osteoarthritis in my knee

Options
Kayla
Kayla Member Posts: 12
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Good evening just want to say hello.I have just been diagnosed after waiting for confirmation since January. Did have an appointment for a face to face appointment with the doctor to find out how to move forward but then had a text to say it has been cancelled until the 5th May. Very frustrating so was pleased to find all you lovely people.

However I would also like to say be patient for me to get back to any conversations I may have with you as I work 14.5 hour shifts.

Anyway going to have a look around the group xxx

Comments

• SharminB
    SharminB Moderator Posts: 90
    Options

Hi @Kayla :)

Welcome and thank you for joining our online community. Glad you found this space.

Sorry to hear about your appointment being cancelled. I've included some links below for osteoarthritis of the knee that you may find helpful to read in the meantime.

Do let us know how you get on when you get the chance :) We look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Sharmin - Mod

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Kayla
    Options

I appreciate this. Will definitely look at the links thank you

• Kayla
    Options

Morning, had my appointment finally. They have suggested I have the injection so have to ask my physio( next week) if they can administrator this, if not I have to go back to the doctor.

• jonr
    jonr Member Posts: 398
    Options

Hi Kayla - it will probably be administed by a doctor or nurse, when I had them in the past I phoned my Health Centre and asked to be put on the waiting list as it is a popular treatment. It's efficacy will depend on how much cartilage you have left but it ought to reduce swelling which in turn will reduce any fever, itchiness and pain.

Good luck!

Jon

• Kayla
    Options

Hi Jon. I did wonder if physio would do the injection will find out Tuesday but thank you for letting me know there could be a waiting least.

• Kayla
    Options

Hi just a quick update my physio would like me to continue with the exercises at the moment so won't be having the injection as of yet. Been prescribed Amitipyline for pain and for a trapped nerve in the top of my spine and neck. Really hoping I get a good night's sleep as sleep deprivation Is really kicking in now. Not good when I do 14 hour shifts