Covid Vaccine Number 6

Options
MoiraA
MoiraA Member Posts: 15
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi

I’m due my sixth covid vaccine soon. Has anyone else had their sixth one and how did you feel getting it? Just seems a lot of vaccine. Wouldn’t feel as wary if more people were eligible but so few are for the spring booster. Not sure of take up either. Will vulnerable people always have to have two vaccines a year???

Thanks.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options

I had mine 3 weeks ago. So did Mr SW and. Indeed, several neighbours were there. I'm just glad to have them.

Shingles jab next😀

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • MoiraA
    Options

Hi. Thanks for replying. Out of curiosity, which vaccine did you have eg Moderna, Pfizer? Or maybe they didn’t say. Thanks🙂

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options

My first two were AZ. All the others Pfizer. No choice but no problem. If you're immunosuppressed, elderly or, like me, both 😉, I'd go for it. COVID is still around. My elder son's girlfriend has just got it.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • MoiraA
    Options

Yes, the virus is still circulating unfortunately despite little news coverage anymore. Pity we still need all these booster shots. Maybe one day we won’t 🤔.

• crinkly
    crinkly Member Posts: 148
    Options

My husband and I (both over 75 but not immunosuppressed) had our 6th jab two days ago. I had a thumping headache 24 hours later but it responded quite quickly to paracetamol, otherwise no problems at all. We were given a leaflet explaining the use of different vaccines so have no issues with having received several different 'brands'.

We both had a 'mild' version of Covid in early 2022 so are grateful for anything that lesserns the risks of what can be extremely nasty and we will take whatever vaccinatuions are offered.

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 525
    Options

I tried to book mine today but was told that even though I have lung disease I'm not immuno suppressed so can't have it! I have OA rather than RA but I imagined the lung disease would've qualified me (Brachiecstasis)

I will have to speak to my respiratory team before getting my mallet out if they say yes I should have it!