PRP injections

Options

hello,

I have been looking at PRP injections. Has anyone had any success with them and are they available on the NHS.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 758
    Options

Hello @fluffball welcome to the community

You are enquiring about PRP injections. I hope the following link will be useful to you

www.sthk.nhs.uk>download

Whilst I do not have any personal experience of Platelet Rich Plasma treatment I expect some of our members may have and I hope they will be able to share their experience with you. You don't mention which particular joint is causing you concern. If you feel able to share more details of your condition we hope to be able to support you with more information.

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• fluffball
    fluffball Member Posts: 6
    Options

Hello Poppyjane

Thank you for the warm welcome and link. That was very kind of you.Looking forward to being part of the group.

Kind regards

Fluffball

• fluffball
    Options

Hi PoppyJane

The link doesn't mention PRP. What I really want to know is can I have treatment on the NHS? My GP says he doesn't offer it. Do you know anyone who does?

Many thanks

Fluffball

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 888
    Options

Hi @fluffball see the following link

pdf fact sheet

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• fluffball
    Options

Thank you so much Peter. Can I ask my gp to refer me to this hospital although it is not in my area?

• Louisa77
    Louisa77 Administrator Posts: 252
    Options

Hi @fluffball

Do speak to your GP and they will be able to advice you on next steps and whether this is available near you.

Please keep us posted

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm