Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,045
    edited 12. Aug 2023, 11:02
    Options

HI everyone. On way home. Just at first stop. I wont leave guitar in car alone in case some halfwit tries to steal it so we are operating a staggered wee policy lol. I do go ott with my military style operations i know but Loanda is used to it now and just goes with it.

Dashchund, you don’t like bashed about guitars 😳. It is a very big argument in the guitar community. I personally do but only to a certain degree. I think mine is the perfect amount, but then I would, wouldn’t I lol

hey Toni, yes I am absolutely and i haven’t even plugged it in to see what it sounds like, but it has the same pickups and electronics as my other Clapton strat so I’m hoping it will sound similar. It is certainly very light and resonant played acoustically which is a good sign.

hey Reshmi how is the head today after your injection?

more to post later. Back to mway now.

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,144
    Options

Hi Toni toady Joan Keef and Julie

how are you all today?

ive been feeling very sluggish today and slept a lot

but i probably needed it 🙏

mum isn’t too bad thanks

EF are ok as well

I need to wage the shower civil war again now

so will try to post again later

have a good afternoon everyone tc xx

ps physio’s birthday I guess lol xx

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Hi Toni, I got those headphones about 6 months ago. I had a look the other day and I couldn’t see any of the same kind in there. However, whilst using them yesterday they developed a strange noise on the high frequencies and I suspect it is the battery going flat, but I didn’t take the cable to charge them so will see if charging rectifies that now I am home. If not then i will replace them with something else.

I’ve just thrown a spag bol together and left it to simmer as I am in agony, I actually got stuck on the High st and couldn’t walk for a few minutes on the way home from getting the ingredients even though Loanda was carrying everything. So am now laying down waiting for the tram to kick in. I thought i was doing rather too well considering the journey today but it’s just all caught up with me unfortunately.

i said to Loanda it’s the last trip I’m doing but she was so disappointed I’m sure my guilty conscience will kick in and I’ll suffer another one. I have had a fabulous time with my two and Sucré is so well behaved he is just like a mini adult that loves to laugh and smile a lot. Some other kids were running riot in the restaurant and he just looked at them and said naughty.

mind u his new favourite word is bum!

• Skinny Keef
    Options

hey Reshmi, I have days like that too, normally it’s when I’m miserable or down, the pain is too much and I just wanna curl up in the duvet and be warm and still and sleep as much as possible. Happens maybe once a week or more maybe

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,171
    edited 12. Aug 2023, 19:53
    Options

Hi all, quick cup of tea for me please ☕️

Bit tired today after playing truant yesterday to the shops, still, it hasn't been anywhere near as nice so it was definitely the right day. I don't think there's a homesense near me as such frog but if there were I would certainly have to restrain myself too so at least there's that. Quite enough to look at in TK but I usually limit myself anyway because it's quite fun to choose token purchases sometimes, little things give the same something new visual effect, new colours new patterns, then they 'wear off' don't they but you haven't committed yourself to big things. Also if you're using a bus or taxi you have the quite helpful factor that you can't buy a bootful & not think twice 😉. I was too sad to go in Wilko 😕 such a shame, they've stopped deliveries now I believe. I blame supermarkets greed in not leaving a single category they don't sell 🙄. Poking around in nosegay at the moment flicking between tabs, can't say enjoying myself is the word, just doing some uninteresting stuff - though I do seem to have 4 or 5 auctions to watch, not sure how that happened 😮. Hope you've had a good day yourselves today :) xx

Hello joan, all my parcels are there now thank you except the US one has a last leg to go. I look at TKM online too sometimes but don't think I've ever bought that way. Yes like you this branch isn't in walking distance you need a bus or taxi. Hope you have had a good day, glad you met up with Sue yesterday and exchanged your presents 😊👕 xx

Hi bosh, sluggish is definitely the word today, actually I do blame the weather myself for once, it's stuffy. If I were in control of it I wouldn't choose a day like this. I do quite want one of those tree outfits now I've seen it 😄. Yes I shall try not to set upon too many bus drivers in my owl guise, though you could say that poster reads 'every monday & thursday owl attacks bus driver' so on all the other days they should be safe 😂. (They'd be safe round here most of the time, we hardly have any buses any more, not like they used to, mutter grumble). I got a taxi one way yesterday and I actually had to try 3 different web browsers and 2 mobile ones to try & get them to accept my updated bank card details - still had to get the app in the end 😣 ridiculous!) Hope you won the shower wars 🤞🚿. Have a good Sunday quiet I hope.

Hi keef, glad you're back with your guitar safely un-pinched 👍️ rats to the trip catching up with you though 😕 so frustrating when you can't get away with stuff but I guess that was quite a lot; sometimes it's the last 10% that does it, so smaller trips are probably still ok & in reach. Hope you feel better this evening. Sucre sounds so cool, a mini adult is my kind of child 😄 and bum was all our favourite word once I guess! Take care x

Hello @Jewels1973 that's a wonderful photo I'm glad you posted it 😊 being able to look across into the distance like that, there's nothing like it is there. And beautiful drystone walls 😍. I've never used my phone's camera really I just stick to a little point & shoot digital (old fashioned I expect; I'm always startled to see ads talk about 4 or 5 cameras on a phone!) So sorry your lymphodema has suddenly worsened like that 😟 have you spoken to someone about it? I have never had shingles either, I suppose the idea is that all 'we' immune people are more prone, but I don't know whether it's any more linked to RA as such 🤔. Very good luck with your bloods on Monday and glad to hear your GP has put wheels in motions for your referral. Keep us posted 👍️. I'm doing ok on my meds touch wood thank you :) best to you & family xx

Love to all have a good night xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni

how are you tonight?

im ok thanks

mum is still not too well with her stomach

my back is aching so I’ll go for now

hi Keef my nephew says the same rude word lol

greetings toady 👋

sorry about this tiny post

good night everyone tc xx

pic of mysore palace southern India

• Jewels1973
    Jewels1973 Member Posts: 52
    Options

@frogmorton Oh I’d not thought of that about the thing to hold the phone I’m only 4ft 11 and a half the half is important lol so I’ve got quite small hands but I will look into them thank you for suggesting it x I know shingles is painful sorry to hear your relative had it. I seem to just keep getting it and the quicker you take the anti virals (I’m on a maintenance dose because I get it that many times) the less painful it is or so they say!

@dachshund Glad you haven’t had shingles and I think between me, my dad and my brother we’ve definitely decided it’s shingles so I may get in quick and start the elevated dose tomorrow before ringing my doctor and him saying yes or no it’s normally yes as I send photos. I so sorry I think I missed your birthday a Happy Belated Birthday and I will enclose a photo of some flowers that I took a photo of as a belated birthday wish. You sound like you’ve had a nice birthday glad you managed to meet up with your friend x

@bosh I can’t find now what you said to me blame me being the newbie! Yep I think I have shingles again so up early on Monday just in case the dr wants to see me they don’t particularly like me to come in so normally send photos and the dr says yes then I up my acliovir to 4000mg instead of 1200mg I know it’s a lot but if it shortens it I’m grateful. I’m supposed to have the blood tests that day to send to the Rheumatologist so I’m going to have to see if I can still have it if I have shingles.

Havent been able to do too much today what with my new compression garments taking ages to get on my brother is having to help me flipping wonky funny hands not complying! Did manage to watch England Women’s Football Quarter Final and yay we are through to the semi final do like a bit of footie! Watched a tiny bit of Oceans 11 with my dad (the 1960s version). Dads 77 and still working full time he had a cervical laminectomy in April so before he would be working all the hours god sends but I’m glad he’s taking it a bit easier.

Just wanted to send a big hello to everyone & hope that you all had had a nice Saturday, glad it’s raining here now not good with hot weather mind you my joints hurt if it really rains so a sprinkle and low temperatures are good for me that sounded weird then didn’t mean it too!

Sending love to everyone hope you all are going to have a nice Sunday ❤️

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,474
    Options

Morning ❤️

Love the Zuckerberg iceberg Bosh🤣🤣

That happens every year with you and Sue Joan! You so often get each other the same item fir Christmas or birthday 🎂

That's a very good idea ti give the cabin Crewe a colour coded card so they know if it's safe. Seattle? I've never been there.

Have a good day love to you both ((())) xxx

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Seattle, isn’t that Grey’s Anatomy’s territory??

• frogmorton
    Options

Oh gosh I'm cross just lost a huge edit!

Will try to briefly review what I can remember 😕

Reshmi Hope you're OK and that tge Dr sorts your Mum out. Its getting worrying now for you all.

Sluggish days post MTX same here unfortunately.

Loved the photo from South India beautiful 😍

Take care

Julie I think there are few shorties on here my whole family are short too I am 5 2 did have a half so watch out they can disappear!!!

Please do try those circles it might just help ((())) hope the family are OK

Morning Keef

Hope things improve after a few days rest. You will travel again I'm sure just not yet.

But gosh it was worth it. That guitar is lovely 😍 and to know it sounds amazing too is even better.

Your boy is quite right of some one is naughty they are naughty!

Oh yes bum. Lucy did the same. Top of her voice every supermarket at about 2 years old🤣🤣🤣

Morning Toady

Hope you are as well as possible.

Homesense is no sense! Better than TK really no clothes at all just everything else.

I know poor Wilko. Can we not save it? We failed to see Woolies.

Save our Wilkos!!!!

Expecting rain today but hey ho.

Any sign of the Bs? Or Mousie?

Not watching any nosegay items atm...very odd🤔

Take care

Vegan/Veggie option available

• bosh
    Options

Good morning everyone

wppl xx

ps so LA owns the toy shop now? Oh dear 😱

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,950
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) love to you and your carers (()) and Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) The weather man yesterday said next week is going to be hot. We shall see.we got soaked yesterday when we are on our scooter’s we can’t hold an umbrella because of holding the dogs. Have a good day (()) that’s good your parcels are safe.

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) Have a good day. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother’s girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) Jacky’s daughter is called a flight attendant now. Have a good day enjoy your coffee. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) love to your mum (()) I hope she is alright. Have a good day all of you.

Keef (()) Have a good day. Love to Loanda (()) and Sucr’e (()) i hope your headphones are working now.

Julie (()) sorry you have that wrong with your legs (()) Sue is my twin sister we live together we go our separate ways down town so has we can go where we want. Thank you for the flowers. Have a good day (())

take care
    joan xx
  • Skinny Keef
    Options

Hey Toni , Dachshund, charged my headfones and they back to awesome again so it was just the battery getting low, which makes me very happy (doesn’t take much, but doesn’t take much to knock me the other way too lol) coz they sound really good. Thanks.

They called rhythm on ear ANC from Lidl if anyone need some cheap good quality headphones. They actually over the ear ones even though they’re called on ear.

• bosh
    Options

Hi Julie

how are you feeling today?

Sorry to hear that you have shingles, I hope you feel better soon.

Compression bandages are a nuisance aren’t they?

Don’t worry about finding posts and things, there’s a lot of long messages on here I know, it’s nice just to hear from you.

im not too bad thanks,

but I’m getting increasingly worried about my mum, she said they are testing her for stomach cancer,

though of course there’s no point worrying in advance, as it could be any number of less serious things,

but it’s hard for me as I’ve always been a worrier.

I hope you’re having a nice afternoon, bye tc xx

ps a rather strange property - related sign lol xx

• Skinny Keef
    edited 13. Aug 2023, 14:37
    Options

Reshmi I am sorry to hear that, but better to test for it than let it go undetected, lets hope it comes back negative.

i am most definitely a worrier. Sometimes i used to count all the things up that were worrying me, and then if I couldn’t remember them all i would worry about what it was id forgotten. I am pleased to say i limit myself to one worry at a time now 😁

please keep us up to date with your mum x

• bosh
    Options

hi Toni

how are you?

how annoying, I hate losing posts too

This morning I was a bit less sluggish than yesterday thanks

yes I’m very worried about mum, she said she’s sorry that she can’t go and sit in the waiting room when I see psychiatrist on Tuesday, bless her

im tired now, but just as I had a shower

LA had pumpkin jam on holiday so if I can’t find something similar in WR there will be a major tantrum lol.

ok I’ll go for now

have a nice afternoon Toni tc xx

ps I think the physio’s labelling skills are a bit flawed lol

• bosh
    Options

👋 toady and Joan xx

ps bill “has baked a cake” lol xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

Hi all 👋

Just a quick wave I have been on here toooo long today and still a bit rebound-tired from Fri, but plodding through my nosegay and doing ok otherwise.

It would be nice for us to save Wilkos frog but who of us has the energy to do campaigns & sit-ins (heaven knows if I had there would be a long list!), I don't think a tired person outside the store with a placard saying 'I 💗 Wilkos and I buy my bird seed here 🐦️ plz don't close' would cut it, anyhow 😔 (but seriously I wish there was something to be done). Talking of birdies yes all out in force today, mostly tutting at me for being late with supplies 😄 and at least 3 mousies, poss 4 as one was in a different area of the garden but could have been doubling back. Has been not a bad day, no rain here, hope you got the best out of it. Sorry you lost your post btw argh 😣 was it the dreaded highlight/backspace, I always then expect it to still be on the clipboard. Oh, two 99p auctions down and a couple tomorrow 😂 yes you are slacking not having your eye on anything. Have a good new week, love to all :) xx

Hello joan, no rain here today sorry it got you & Sue yesterday 😔 forecast does look not half bad, as you say, we shall see. I put things out for the metal men today and there was no sign, other times they are round 'any-old-iron'-ing every 5 mins 🙄. I have been working through odd little jobs like replacing watch batteries, tempting to go back to a proper analogue wind-up one - what sort do you favour? Have a good Monday :) xx

Hi bosh, so sorry to hear you have this worry with your mum, when you have your appt to think about too, have they done the tests they want and are just waiting? or does she need to see them again. Fingers all crossed for you. People who have to source pumpkin jam need all their focus for that 🎃 hopefully it was a 7days wonder then strawberry will do after that 😄. Mustn't be late to bed tonight so I am going to try & get myself to turn off in a min. Hope you can have a reasonable night will probably not be far from the kettle myself though if you are up at the sort of hours Toni & keef keep :) xx

Hi keef, glad about the headphones 😀 I agree entirely about small ups & downs, small nice things are literally what keep me going sometimes, & small disappointments can knock you off course a bit. Hope your mum is ok at the moment, take care all. Btw Seattle means Frasier as far as I'm concerned haha 👍️.

All the best to Julie & family 👋 xx

Love to all 😘 xx

• bosh
    Options

Thanks toady

gothic pumpkins now there’s an idea you’ve inspired

good night toady and everyone tc xx

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Lovely photo Reshmi, I’ve forwarded that to Loanda.

I got really upset yesterday evening. Sucré was really quiet and wasn’t his normal self. I asked him if he was okay and he said no. I said do u want to go off to nans today with mummy; he said no and i asked do you want to stay with daddy and he said yes and climbed up onto my chair where i was sitting and flung his arms round me. I don’t think 3 days apart is doing either of us any good. I think he enjoys his time there whilst Loanda is working but he is always really keen to get home to me.

Now I can’t sleep wondering if he is ok.

Still haven’t played the new guitar coz after they left I felt so miserable I just went to bed.

oh this is a cheerful post isn’t it?

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning!

Had rain anyone?

Morning Joan ❤️ how are you and Sue? All well here. So cabin Crewe are now called flight attendants are they?

Hope your day is good love to you joth ((()))

Morning Reshmi

I Hope you are well? Thinking very much of your Mum of course.

And your appt tomorrow. We will all be with you in spirit for your pysch appt.

Pumpkin jam eh? Sounds nice. Let's hope WR comes up with the goods.

I suppose melons and cucumbers are in the same family sort of.... but great pic🤣

LA has a toy shop too?! Is there no end to that boy's talents?

I am going to post like you today lots of little posts then I won't lose them😊

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning Keef

Maybe Your darling boy needs more time with Daddy. Maybe he had just had such a lovely time with you lately? I think try not to worry unless it becomes too regular an issue ((()))

Now get that guitar out and start strumming!

I am a worrier too as is Reshmi we ruminate bit it's hard not to.

I'm very glad to hear your headphones are great again ! Go Joan👍

I might have to get me some😊

Have a good day

Morning Toady hope you are all caught up today.

I know what you do! We get LA and his friends to sit outside Wilkos! Nobody could ignore them could they???

Where oh where will you get your bird seed now?

Good to hear we have plenty of 🐦 🦜 and hopefully 3/4mousies. Please don't be late with supplies today🤣🤣🤣

I think it was backspace and I also hoped my message would still be there but alas not this time😒

Rain overnight but none in the day for us either ...how odd.

Have a good day

A Quick 👋 to Julie if you pop in ((()))

Won't let me post a pic now🙄🙄🙄

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Raining here.

• bosh
    Options

Good morning everyone

wppl xx

ps gluten - free property - healthy start to the day lol xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,950
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope all is well there. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) yes we could all go to our Wilko’s we would make it in the papers and the news. There won’t be any shops to go to soon. Have a good day (())

Toni (()) I had a phone call from the Doctor’s I haven’t got anything wrong with my hip so I have an appointment to see about the pain. Have a good day I hope everyone is doing alright (()). Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari. (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) sorry to hear a bout your mum good it’s being checked (()) try not to worry (())

Keef (()) your son loves his daddy (())

Julie (()) thinking about you (())

Barbara (()) love to Mr B (()) and your family (())

take care
    joan xx