Recommendations for an Indoor mini bike (one with no seat) or exercise bike for knee osteoarthritis?

Options

Any suggestions would be great, I plan to use it daily so needs to be fairly sturdy. Also as an additional benefit I would like to use it to loose a few pounds.

Also long term how has anyone else found using it?

Thank you for your time 😁

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,644
    Options

Hi @Cherri22

Is this search I did for you any help?

I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

Best wishes

Ellen

• pbrown
    pbrown Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hello,

during lock-down i bought a peloton exercise bike. This was a couple of years before i had any symptoms and diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. I use it at least a couple of times a week and find it really helps. the good thing with peloton is it is not just the riding classes but all of the other types of class such as meditation, stretching, yoga etc. in terms of motivation, you tend to follow a couple of instructors and then get to know a few of the users.

Whilst it is quite expensive to purchase new there is a second hand market for them. there is a monthly subscription, £39, but this allows use by others in your family and also allows use on phone or tablet.

hope that helps

Pete

• Nurina
    Nurina Member Posts: 303
    Options

Bike is one of the best exercises for OA. If you don't have much space there are mini bikes that are basically pedals with resistance you can use sat on your chair. If you have more space, a basic indoor bike would do the job. There are hundreds of guided exercises in youtube.

Maybe you can get a cheap one in a second hand shop. Many people bought exercise bikes during pandemic and they are getting rid of them.