updateon blood pressure part 2 and ramipril now very worried

Options
shezza
shezza Member Posts: 39
edited 30. Jan 2009, 10:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
i have had the telephone chat with the dr ,it wasnt my usual dr and he has told me under no circumstances should i have taken the Diclofenac for 18 months and that i should stop taking them immediately and start taking the Ramipril...im now more confused that before and i am getting very anxious....
Do i take the advice of the dr that has been treating me for the past 18 months /2 years ..or do i take the advice given to me by the dr over the telephone please help
Thank you
Sheila

Comments

• jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sheila, mmmm this is confusing! I replied to your earlier post advising you I've been taking Diclofenac since Oct'07 and ramipril since Jan'08.

Never have I been told they shouldn't be taken together!

My gp did blood tests to make sure the diclofenac wasn't having a bad effect on liver function, but that was after I'd been on them for about a month.

As I said before, I've had no side effects from either drug.

Mind you, I will ask my chemist tomorrow and see what he says :wink: and I will let you know.
  • shezza
    shezza Member Posts: 39
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi this is first day of feeling "ok" to stay on here long enough to reply I went to another doctor because i was very worried she told me to stay off the diclofenc if possible until i have had the blood test (thats a week today) my blood pressure has started to come down at the moment it 153/89 so i dont know if its the diclofenac or the fact i was getting stressed about everything.I havent taken any Diclofenac since Tues just co codamol but i am now on full dosage of co codamol to keep the pain away .