Retired - Day After

woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
Hi and thank up and I am feeling better today, yesterday was really wierd day. Before I went, I felt nervous and unsettled also a bit embaressed about seeing people, as if I ought to be in a wheelchair or have something big that people would notice! :shock: Then when I came home, I couldn't settle or think of anything else along with a sad feeling that something was over. :( After a good nights sleep, I feel mentally more focused, the only thing is the lumber spine has decided to play up today and walking, even indoors, is an effort. I think someone is trying to tell me something! :wink: Love Sue

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sue
    I`m glad today has brought you a more positive vibe. (sorry about the back though!! :roll: ) I am due to go into work next week to see colleagues I haven`t seen for nearly a year, and I feel they will be scrutinising me for signs of disability too!!
    I hope that you are able to continue to feel a bit better in yourself, although I am sure there will be a few ups and downs along the way. You still have a lot to offer, just in a different way. xx
    NB
  • megmot
    megmot Member Posts: 26
    Hi i am glad you are feeling posative and hope you find somthing you can manege and enjoy. luv Meg x x
  • penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    Hi Sue
    I have been thinking of you this week & hoping you are OK. I really hope you will soon begin to stop worrying or feeling bad about work - just be able to take care of yourself now - you really deserve it after all you've had to go through.
    I've virtually given up with my job now, I have no union & there really is no way they can adapt the job for me. Very scary times - I won't get anything pension wise I guess even though I have been there 9 years.
    XX
  • woodbon
    Thank you very much for all your kind thoughts - I know its the right decision really, and I'm glad that part is sorted. Its great to know others in similar situations and how they cope - it helps and gives me ideas... Love Sue
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    As you know Sue I am following in your footsteps so can appreciate your feelings.

As for what to do ? I have been looking at that too, particularly for ways to maintain my mobility when physio stops. I have requested a medical referral to the local leisure centre to use the swimming pool. I have been looking at floatation aids and am going to buy an aqua belt, this allows you to remain vertical in the pool. Athletes use them to exercise after injury. This will be part of my plan for the future.
    I hope you can find something you will enjoy doing. Linda
  • woodbon
    Thank you - I like the sound of the aqua belt Linda and the cup of tea in the garden, when the sun shines! :D I'm feeling more positive as time goes by. As I've been off work and also knew this was comming I didn't think I'd feel the strange sort of shock I felt.

Today I've been to the gym for GP referral, and after wandering round not doing anything, I cleaned the kitchen. I'm going to make a list of things I want to do and see what I can do. Thanks, its good to 'talk' on here as I live in a small village and things are quiet, but really enjoy the deer, rabbits (one, I watched eating my husbands plants he'd just put in!! And the 5 cats of course.
    Love Sue
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Sue
    So glad your feeling better. its so hard to focus when your down and the pain is no help. I hope things work out ok for you. catch round the site take care
    Colin