New to the site

vickyallan
vickyallan Member Posts: 10
edited 9. May 2009, 11:53 in Say Hello Archive
Hi i'm vicky i'm 35 years old, have a daughter Rachel who will be 6 in 2 weeks. Just recently gone online so i'm new to all this. Had RA for 10 years been able to manage it up until now, been having flare ups for the last 4 weeks, had an injection to reduce the joints 2 weeks ago, but now i need to go back again on Monday to get one into my right wrist as its giving me no end of pain, also woken up this morning with what looks like the start of my first nodule on my left hand second finger joint, absolutely devestated as never thought i'd get anything like this. Can anyone tell me if they have had the same problem. Thought i had this all dealt with but now i've found this its knocked me six. My family and friends are great but they don't understand what this means to me. Did'nt want my first time on this site to be moaning, but i've been reading all the different reply's to people and feel like you understand what i'm going through. x :

Comments

• suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi, i'm 35 to but was only diagnosed about a yr or so ago.
    i have 2 children a 2 yr old and a 10 yr old.
    i had a nodule appear on my hands which was basically knocking my finger out of it's socket every time i moved it, it was awful, but i had a steroid injection into it and it has gone! the injection was abit painful, i had a local in it befoes the steroid but i'm so glad i did as within a few days it felt much better. that was about 5 weeks ago and it's fine now.
    according to my rheumy i have a few smaller nodules on other fingers but not bad enough to cause problems. but my hands are bad, hardly any full working fingers but seeing a hand surgeon soon so things might get better.
    sorry, i should of welcomed you to the forum, how rude! so welcome!!!
  • vickyallan
    vickyallan wrote:
    Hi i'm vicky i'm 35 years old, have a daughter Rachel who will be 6 in 2 weeks. Just recently gone online so i'm new to all this. Had RA for 10 years been able to manage it up until now, been having flare ups for the last 4 weeks, had an injection to reduce the joints 2 weeks ago, but now i need to go back again on Monday to get one into my right wrist as its giving me no end of pain, also woken up this morning with what looks like the start of my first nodule on my left hand second finger joint, absolutely devestated as never thought i'd get anything like this. Can anyone tell me if they have had the same problem. Thought i had this all dealt with but now i've found this its knocked me six. My family and friends are great but they don't understand what this means to me. Did'nt want my first time on this site to be moaning, but i've been reading all the different reply's to people and feel like you understand what i'm going through. x :
    Thank you very much for replying, i'm going to hospital on monday so i'll mention it to the doctor. I'll let you know how i get on. Thanks again its really good to hear from someone who is going through the same. : :D
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Vicky

Welcome to the site and to posting.

I've had RA for 23 years and mine came on overnight after the birth of my second son :shock:

From my experience some nodules come and go and not all are permanent - ask your Rheumy about it when you next see him.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    lindalegs wrote:
    Hi Vicky

Welcome to the site and to posting.

I've had RA for 23 years and mine came on overnight after the birth of my second son :shock:

From my experience some nodules come and go and not all are permanent - ask your Rheumy about it when you next see him.

Luv Legs :D

PS Doh! Just noticed that you're seeing your doc on Monday - I'm the age where I'm doing things like that :shock:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • vickyallan
    vickyallan wrote:
    vickyallan wrote:
    Thank you very much for replying, i'm going to hospital on monday so i'll mention it to the doctor. I'll let you know how i get on. Thanks again its really good to hear from someone who is going through the same. : :D
    :lol: Thanks for the reply, i wish i had joined this site years ago the reply's i'm getting are great, at least i know what to ask when i go back to clinic, i thought once you got a nodule that was it, the clinic don't tell you everything you need to know. I've really enjoyed looking at this site you get more info from other sufferers, its also great to hear other people's stories, it makes you realise that you are not the only one with this crappy disease, so thanks very much. I will defo be back on, prob everyday. x :D:)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Vicky and welcome from me!!
    Very pleased to meet you and don't worry about moaning - we all do!! :)
    I have got a possible one too although I'm not sure and two other slightly worrying finger joints a bit swollen, but we'll see.
    I see rheumy in July so I shall find out then....
    Good news that some go and you can get help with them too isn't it?!
    Take care
    Toni x
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Vicky. I see the ladies have introduced themselves and given you a little insight. Sorry to hear your not to good those flairs are awfull.
    Well welcome to the site and it would be nice to see you on the other forums getting to know us all. Take care and keep your chin up
    Colin