now in a panic

bertyboy
bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
i have now got an appointment for my medical assesment for the esa , and am in a blind panic i have been on esa since dec 2008 , after my ssp ran out have given my notice in at work a few weeks ago , my last sick note said off until further notice ,i have had steroid injections , various exrays on both knees and hips mri scan and hyligan injections in both knees , walk with a stick been advised to use crutches as stumble about alot and trip , i am looking at going on the waiting list for new knees, i just dont know what to expect ,
I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi
    Sorry that you are having to go through this medical on top of everything else. I just wanted to offer my support.
    I had a phone call today, yes, Sunday afternoon , to organise a medical re ESA!! I have a date for 3rd June but hope to be back at work. If not I will be on ESA and nothing else!! Not enough for us to live on. I am shocked to be rung on a sunday for this though!! :shock:
    Good luck and don`t worry about it too much. You have a legitimate reason for claiming and can show them too.
    NB
  • bertyboy
    hi thanks for your support its nice not to feel alone at times , i know what you mean about the esa it is peanuts , and its a struggle with money , i know i dont stand much chance of working again at the moment or even getting a job its just the thought of being told i should be out looking for one , and having to go through an appeal as i had to do that once and that was awful x
  • bertyboy
    well been up real early so i am mobile , but didnt sleep well anyway , just want it over with , if you see on the news that sombody has had a crutch wraped round there neck i am the culprit specialy the way i feel this morning x
  • bertyboy
    it was on sunday not as bad as i expected so just have to wait now , i should not have said anything about wrapping the crutch round somebodys head , though, as a guy has been shot just down from where i had to go xx
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi Bertyboy
    I am glad you have got it over with! And that it wasn`t as bad as you anticipated. Mine is next Thursday, but I am planning to go back to work on Wednesday, all being well, so I might miss out on the pleasure!! :shock:
    NB
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi sorry it seems hard u having to go through this hope goes ok 4 u
    val
  • bertyboy
    thanks for asking ,its in the hands of the gods now ,i rang yesterday to the benefits place and they have heard nothing yet iask how long it takes , reply was it could take a few days or a couple of months there is a back log , so i am just in limbo , what ever the out come i bet they dont pay intrest lol
  • bertyboy
    well i have been put in to the limited capabilitys i still have to go for the work focusted health related assessment , but none of this comes as a suprise having already had three pathways to work interviews and yes it would be nice to get back to work but to the job i was doing ,but that is just not going to happen , i am totaly confused as to what happens next how many employers are going to look at me with crutches when there are so many more able out there , even the dr signed me off till further notice , does that mean there is no hope , xx i am lost :?
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Glad its over. Love Sue