Hi i'm new update

markc1
markc1 Member Posts: 253
Well had my grievance heard today,went ok i suppose.I still can't go back to work until i see atos(occy health).I will be submitting an ET1 for the tribuneral.I believe if it goes to a tribuneral i will win.

I will be going on half pay so i wanted to submit a letter saying i was fit for light duties but i was advised against this because then i could be construed as being absent for no reason!so i will have to continue with the sick notes!
I am going to fight all the way!!

As a matter of interest would i qualify for any sort of support financially?I feel guilty asking as even on half pay i will get £800.which i know compared to some that is an awful lot :oops:

Comments

• mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi,not sure about finances.
    try this websibe entitledto google it then u can put ur income in & it will tell u what u can claim. its confidental, u can even put in if ur faced with finishing work. to work out what u would be entitled too.
    ive done it & its been exact for me & friends.
    give it a go u maybe entitled to something.
    hope that helps. debsx
  • markc1
    mash65 wrote:
    hi,not sure about finances.
    try this websibe entitledto google it then u can put ur income in & it will tell u what u can claim. its confidental, u can even put in if ur faced with finishing work. to work out what u would be entitled too.
    ive done it & its been exact for me & friends.
    give it a go u maybe entitled to something.
    hope that helps. debsx

Thanks i will try it :wink:
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Hi Mark, I'm so glad you are going to Tribunal, I think you will win too as you have a great case.

Re financial help, remember if you have a partner their income would be taken into account. £9600 is alot as you said to some people and getting help might be difficult. If you have been off less than 6 months (sorry I've forgot) you can claim a little Working Tax Credit until the 6months is reached. It's not alot but something, you are just below the single person's threshold on that income.

You local Council may help with council tax or housing benefit. It depends where you live as they have varying rates over the country to take account of certain places having a higher cost of living. If you own your home you wouldn't qualify for Housing benefit.

I still think your income will be too high for anything from the DWP but give your Job Centre a ring anyway, you never know.

Good luck with everything, keep fighting, we are right behind you!
  • markc1
    Hi Mark, I'm so glad you are going to Tribunal, I think you will win too as you have a great case.

Re financial help, remember if you have a partner their income would be taken into account. £9600 is alot as you said to some people and getting help might be difficult. If you have been off less than 6 months (sorry I've forgot) you can claim a little Working Tax Credit until the 6months is reached. It's not alot but something, you are just below the single person's threshold on that income.

You local Council may help with council tax or housing benefit. It depends where you live as they have varying rates over the country to take account of certain places having a higher cost of living. If you own your home you wouldn't qualify for Housing benefit.

I still think your income will be too high for anything from the DWP but give your Job Centre a ring anyway, you never know.

Good luck with everything, keep fighting, we are right behind you!

I think i am on too much..the union are trying to get my money made up,but how long that will take?

Its ironic,don't you think...i am able to work light duties but have to remain on sick until i have seen the occy health which could be ages
    yet.
    I want to work and you would think they would want me to as well...you couldn't make it up.
    They even tried to say to me i hadn't asked for reasonable adjustment...yet when i went to discuss returning to work i was using my stick.
    They are trying to say its down to the wording of 'fit to work'
    on my sick note and i keep saying how can i do full duties with a disability? It doesn't say 'fit for full duties'its a normal note and now i'm in limbo!! :cry:
  • eckstardeluxe
    Mark, I honestly know how you feel. I've just been signed off for a month by the quack against my wishes. I'm being seen at our Pain Clinic next month and he doesn't want me working until I've been seen by them, neither do the work :x I'm sitting here bored out my skull and all that's on the telly is blerdy MP's expenses!

That's good you've got the Union onto it, I have heard a few peeps in my work get a payment from the Union, PCS is ours but they said it was quite quick. They got about £500 but I've heard others get more. Every little counts. Do you have a benevolent fund or anything like that? We have a Civil Service one and they give hardship payments to people in your circumstances. I'd still give it a try with the DWP, you don't ask , you don't get my old dear is so fond of saying. By the way Mark, have you applied for DLA, you have a great chance of getting that.
  • markc1
    Mark, I honestly know how you feel. I've just been signed off for a month by the quack against my wishes. I'm being seen at our Pain Clinic next month and he doesn't want me working until I've been seen by them, neither do the work :x I'm sitting here bored out my skull and all that's on the telly is blerdy MP's expenses!

That's good you've got the Union onto it, I have heard a few peeps in my work get a payment from the Union, PCS is ours but they said it was quite quick. They got about £500 but I've heard others get more. Every little counts. Do you have a benevolent fund or anything like that? We have a Civil Service one and they give hardship payments to people in your circumstances. I'd still give it a try with the DWP, you don't ask , you don't get my old dear is so fond of saying. By the way Mark, have you applied for DLA, you have a great chance of getting that.

I thought you had to be really bad to get dla?...funny thing happened today,i got a phone call from work saying if my doctor would write a letter stating what duties i could do i could go back to work until i see atos

Do you think i have them worried by my grievance...still going to tribuneral though...let me have your opinions..i mean i don't want half pay but if i go back have i given in? or will i lose my case its not like them to worry about my pay :wink:
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Hiya Mark

I would ask your union for advice. I don't think it should affect your grievance if you go back to work as your complaint will still stand, but it's best to be safe.

Nx
  • markc1
    ninakang wrote:
    Hiya Mark

I would ask your union for advice. I don't think it should affect your grievance if you go back to work as your complaint will still stand, but it's best to be safe.

Nx

Ha Ha union....thats funny :lol:
  • eckstardeluxe
    Sounds like you have them worried Mark if all of a sudden they want to help you. But as Nina said do discuss it with your Union.

My workmates joke about me all the time, they call me the Grievance Queen :lol: because anytime something new that's bad happens without prior discussion or anyone high up pees me off I threaten them with grievances. Someone just asked me the other day what my total was and I think it is about 25 in 6 years! he he he.

Only ever had 1 taken out against me, some eejit nearly ran me off the road one morning on my way to work, they were going about 90 on a 50 road, when I tooted at her, she gave me the finger :x imagine my delight when she drives into our car park. She got an earful and a half and I actually threatened her, I am reminded constantly about the day I was going to "chin" someone :oops: but that was only after she started blaming me!! She went into work and grievanced me. Me and my Union pal ripped it to shreds.

Same night, no joke, after all this and I'm talking 5 hours of crocodile tears from her (and about 40 colleagues coming up to me to tell me this lady was trouble) she goes home and does the exact same thing to the Manager in charge of the Grievance without realising who was in the car! Never learned her lesson.