vetgal88 Member Posts: 5
hi, i was wondering if there is any counselling available for young people with RA?

thank you


  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,576
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Vetgal

    If you are looking for someone to talk to about any issues to do with your RA or life in general as a result of RA you are very welcome to ring the Helpline as we are also here to offer emotional support.

    If you specifically want a face-to-face counsellor it would be best to ask your GP for a referral. It is unlikely that a counsellor specialises specifically in RA. If you are able to afford a private counsellor you can find one in your area by looking on the BACP website. However again it is unlikely that RA would be their speciality or listed as such. You are more likely to find a counsellor who is familiar with dealing with arthritis conditions if you look for speciallities listed as chronic conditions or disability for example.

    If you would like to have a confidential chat about this please feel free to give us a call.

    Best wishes