Running out of patience

Options
luckybug
luckybug Member Posts: 205
edited 27. May 2009, 14:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
I decided to go ahead with council fitting me a wet room, now 3 week on and I still have no shower room, the showers fitted but the floor is still not set, it's becoming a joke, some disabled facility grant this is, I cannot use a bath so no point going to my mums or sisters, so I just have to stay smelly, my joints ache, oh how I need a soak.
Well back to flannel in kitchen sink, what century are we living in? can someone remind my council please. Well had my moan now, think I will open a bottle of wine, and drown my sorrows.

Comments

• jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Luckybug, really sorry that you are having this trouble, I had a grant but had mine finished in 5 days, I think that your council needs a bomb delivering, they are not giving you much dignity at the moment, have you spoken to them about this? I would say that you are going to make a formal complaint, you should also speak to the company doing the job love Jaspercatxx
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Hello Luckybug
    What a mess , have you been onto them, mine was done in three days, sorry but its fantastic. Whats the hold up with the floor they normaly use that lino type stuff. I could use my wet room the day after they finished. Hope its sorted soon
    Colin
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,486
    Options
    Hi Luckbug
    What are they playing at?!
    This is terrible - poor you :(:(
    Bet you're not smelly at all - you can do wonders with the flannel and the kitchen sink eh :wink: So long at the window cleaner doesn't come past!!
    Hope the wine at least helped you forget about it!!
    take care
    Toni x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, I;m sorry you'r having so much trouble with the builders, the only thing is to keep on at them! :( I think people who make a fuss often get delt with first to shut them up :!: But its not a nice thing to have to do and it must be horrible not to have a functioning bathroom to wash in, I find standing in the shower with hot water running down my painful neck and spine really comforting. Hopefully it won't be long to finish. Love sue
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    What on earth have they put down to set the floor Luckybug - chewing gum :? I think you really need to chase them and complain - this really isn't good enough - the unset floor I feel is just an excuse and they probably have more than one job on. I don't know of any product used nowadays that would take that long to set - don't let them treat you like a mug :shock:

Meanwhile I suggest you fill you sink with lovely hot soapy water, take your glass of chilled wine and sit in the sink with your legs dangling over the side slurping your wine and forget the flannel. :wink:

............. and if you get stuck, just think, a nice burly fireman would have to come and get you out.... WOW - think I'm coming to join you - get two glasses out gal :shock:

Luv Legs who's entering surreal mode :lol::lol:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • luckybug
    luckybug Member Posts: 205
    Options
    I now have a shower they did eventually get stuck in and worked over bank holiday to get me up and running. Must confess I am pretty pleased with it, in spite of all my moaning and groaning.
    Thanks to you all for caring, the new shower is fantastic, just what the doctor ordered. :lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,486
    Options
    Hi Luckybug
    I hope you have enjoyed a lovely hot shower :wink:
    You've waited long enough!
    Toni x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Glad it was worth the wait! :shock: Perhaps they do it on purpose to make sure you appriciate it!!!! :shock: :D Love Sue