Botty Rot worry

Options
deborahsonia
deborahsonia Member Posts: 17
edited 28. May 2009, 08:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sorry couldn't think of another Title.
Just been confirmed that I can have Embrel, but I have started bleeding from my bot. I have gone for tests and nothing has come up, I know its not my hemoeroids, (lived with them for 20 years), and its quite clotty, getting concerned now, should I go for a second opinion, ps already on Methotrexate.

(Just read this back to myself, apologies to everyone, couldn't word it any differently) :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Deb

Comments

• ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Deb

First of all, don't apologise for your post - we're all here for support and to give support and your post title was quite clear what the post was about - anyone who doesn't like doesn't have to read.

I'm sorry you've been feeling unwell and have been bleeding from your bottom. I'm sorry, I don't know what it could be, but I would definitely go back to your doctor and say it's not any better and you'd like this investigated further.

Let us know how you get on.

Nx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I'm sorry your not feeling well and have such a nasty problem.
    It is important for you to get to the cause of the problem, so that you can have the right treatment. Have you had any recent tests? Often they give you a colonoscopy for this type of thing. Funnily enough, I'm taking my husband for one on Friday, as he had a polyp 5 years ago, and they like to do 5 yearly tests now.

This can be a sign of lots of things, but it is important to have it checked. Good luck :wink: Hope you feel better soon. Love Sue
  • deborahsonia
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    Hi, I'm sorry your not feeling well and have such a nasty problem.
    It is important for you to get to the cause of the problem, so that you can have the right treatment. Have you had any recent tests? Often they give you a colonoscopy for this type of thing. Funnily enough, I'm taking my husband for one on Friday, as he had a polyp 5 years ago, and they like to do 5 yearly tests now.

This can be a sign of lots of things, but it is important to have it checked. Good luck :wink: Hope you feel better soon. Love Sue

Thanks N and Sue, Waited long enough for Embrel, I will sort it out.
    Deb x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Deb,

I think it's a separate thing to the bones and really you would be better to ask to see a gasto person as it needs checking out. I have IBD got blood and a word I am not even going to try and spell......... It would be better to get it sorted asap. Take care and good luck, Cris
  • deborahsonia
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Deb,

I think it's a separate thing to the bones and really you would be better to ask to see a gasto person as it needs checking out. I have IBD got blood and a word I am not even going to try and spell......... It would be better to get it sorted asap. Take care and good luck, Cris

Thanks Chris, it just seems to be worse when I take the many anti-inflams.
    Deb
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Deb,

The anti flams can do that but you really do need to get it checked out. x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Deb,

Sorry, but you have to take your botty down to your doccy and get it sorted - whatever the cause it shoudn't be happending and needs to be put right. Losing blood must make you feel pretty tired too and I would think your GP will welcome your visit.

Take care and let us know what happens.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • roczko
    roczko Member Posts: 92
    Options
    Hi Deb

I've just had a sigmoidoscopy and barium enema for similar symptoms.

Waiting on an appointment with consultant now to get the results.

Can't fault the NHS with the speed of these tests as my dad had something quite nasty 2 years ago so I'm classed as at risk. His doc had been treating him for piles and it wasn't :shock:

Go back to your GP have it looked at. Unexplained bleeding should always be investigated.

Take care.

Patrick
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Hi Deb, I'm with Legs on this one Get yourself down to GP and pester him. Many meds we take can create this sort of proble and i know from experiance Enbrel gives you a dicky tummy on the day you take it or at least it did with me. Anti inflams can mess up your tummy. It may well be that you will be advised to delay the Enbrel untill they know what the problem is. Because of your arthritis and the meds the GP can get you a quick appointmen if you ask him.
    Take care and i hope your feeling better soon
    Colin
  • deborahsonia
    Options
    Sorry couldn't think of another Title.
    Just been confirmed that I can have Embrel, but I have started bleeding from my bot. I have gone for tests and nothing has come up, I know its not my hemoeroids, (lived with them for 20 years), and its quite clotty, getting concerned now, should I go for a second opinion, ps already on Methotrexate.

(Just read this back to myself, apologies to everyone, couldn't word it any differently) :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Deb

Thanks to everyone, I will get my botty to the doccy, and all the more reason to now, my daughter and her husband announced that we were to be grandparents in SEPTEMBER! Ahhh to young at 42. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS :!: :!: :!: Wishing you all the luck in the world and also to the New Baby! My love and very best wishes, Sue :D
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Deb that's wonderful news - are you going to be Gran, Granny, Grandma, Mamma, Nana, Nan or Nanna - what a dilemma?

............. a great way to take your mind off your botty too :wink: but still get it sorted and then you'll put my mind at rest :roll:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Yes, congratulations, Deb, but don't forget your bottom :-)

Nx
  • deborahsonia
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    Deb that's wonderful news - are you going to be Gran, Granny, Grandma, Mamma, Nana, Nan or Nanna - what a dilemma?

............. a great way to take your mind off your botty too :wink: but still get it sorted and then you'll put my mind at rest :roll:

Luv Legs :D

My Mum and hubbys mum hogged them all! She's Gran and Granny, Nan and Nanny, I shall have to be granny gronuts. But any Suggestion are welcome lol. :lol::lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Wonderful news deb!
    Sorry to be a party pooper(my turn for a pun :wink: ), but have you a doc's apt yet?
    Take care
    Toni x
  • deborahsonia
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Wonderful news deb!
    Sorry to be a party pooper(my turn for a pun :wink: ), but have you a doc's apt yet?
    Take care
    Toni x
    Hi Tony, not yet, seeing her tomorrow, will keep everyone posted. Thank you everyone