hello

laceypuppy
laceypuppy Member Posts: 6
edited 27. May 2009, 05:43 in Say Hello Archive
Hi im Debbbie age 34 married 4 kids a dog and cat. I look after my gran who has M.S. i have just discovered Ive arthritis of the spine. went for a xray of my back for something completly different was shocked to be told i had this. first reaction was its an old person disease. ive been referrrred to physio and an orthopeadic surgeon so thats another waiting list or 2 to be on.ive been having back trouble for years am on painkillers im scared incase i may end up on crutches ect as im a keen camper and walker and my back is already making this difficult as i keep having to sit down to ease the stiffness and pain for a few minuets.before continuing on. id love to hear from others who suffer arthritis of the spine.Thanks Debbie :D

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    laceypuppy wrote:
    Hi im Debbbie age 34 married 4 kids a dog and cat. I look after my gran who has M.S. i have just discovered Ive arthritis of the spine. went for a xray of my back for something completly different was shocked to be told i had this. first reaction was its an old person disease. ive been referrrred to physio and an orthopeadic surgeon so thats another waiting list or 2 to be on.ive been having back trouble for years am on painkillers im scared incase i may end up on crutches ect as im a keen camper and walker and my back is already making this difficult as i keep having to sit down to ease the stiffness and pain for a few minuets.before continuing on. id love to hear from others who suffer arthritis of the spine.Thanks Debbie :D

Hi Debbie

Welcome to the site. Why don't you post your thread on the Living with Arthritis forum where I expect you will get a good welcome and hear from others with spine problems. I too am suffering with sciatica and have been for 7 months so fully understand about the "having to keep sitting down" to ease the pain. Thank goodness for me the pain is intermittent but I know all about it when it appears!! The physio agreed with me that I have a horrid spine :(

Look after yourself,

Luv
    Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.