fentanyl

Options
soozyquoo
soozyquoo Member Posts: 28
edited 29. May 2009, 02:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi has anyone taken the above drug for their pains??? Just started the patches the day before yesterday on lowest dose as morphine tablets made me violently sick!! Not really done anything so far, jusy wandered if anyone else had had any experiences with them. In agony with knees!!! Waiting for an new one!!!
love Soozyquoo

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi soozyquoo :)

I have never used these patches but did not wish you to feel abandonned as no one has answered your post yet. Perhaps not many peeps use these patches.

From having a quick google I see that the patches take a while to get up to speed at first and won’t work fully for 24 hours and usually last for 72 hours. I would have thought the first patch you put on would have worked if it was going to do so. Perhaps you need a slightly stronger dosage as you say you are on the lowest one, but that is only a wild guess. I would get back to whoever prescribed them to you if you are still in a lot of pain.

Hope they work soon,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • juejue
    juejue Member Posts: 63
    Options
    i am on these patches i am up to 50 mg now for my back i still have pain but i just think what would the pain be like if i didnt take them i don,t think they are for me
  • soozyquoo
    soozyquoo Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I too think I am on too lower dose will go back to Drs and ask for next dose up. Thanks Soozyquoo