Update on physio

Options
marie48
marie48 Member Posts: 189
edited 29. May 2009, 17:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Saw student physio again. Told her the exercises bring the tingling sensation in my lt arm. She said it is good as we know what is happening. I asked whether exercises will help as I cannot see how painkillers can help as I have two compressed vertebraes in my neck and depending which nerves they touch I get weird sensation sometimes a feeling of not with it, light headness, give me pain any time but not dizzy spells. She gave more exercises the same ones I have been doing and she wanted to discharge me but keep an open appointment. It is very hard to get a physio appointment and I find them hopeless. I asked to be seen again and take it from there.

I am not sure what my next step will be!! At the moment, my pain is manageable although have problems with climbing the stairs sometimes but still get on with my daily life. The nice weather does not seem to help, I seem to notice more ache and swollen joints. It must be me. I do not think physio is going to help. They are the ones who will refer me to an Orthopaedic surgeon. At this stage I do not want to see one yet as I can cope. Besides, I do not want any injection in my neck, the tinglilng sensation seems to be less now, not as constant as before but it is a nuisance, it is something I can learn to live with. I think I will not ask for a referral and leave it for latter when my condtion worsen, hopefully it will stay still. Anybody got some advice for me , please!! Thanks