argh, my hand!

Options
suzster
suzster Member Posts: 1,328
edited 31. May 2009, 08:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
my left hand has totally swollen up, i mean balloon size!
i seem to be having a flare up but only on my left side, my left knee is swollen and clicky, my left shoulder and neck hurt, feeling pretty fed up because the weather is lovely and i can barely walk due to pain, typical!
sorry to moan.

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sue,

I am so sorry I hope it all settles down very soon. A ((( ))) for you and take care, Cris x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Sue,

So sorry you're feeling grim - can you just sit in the sun for a bit and soak up some of that lovely Vitamin D, it just might help you to feel better to get some warmth on your bones?

The forum's very quiet - I think everyone must be out worshipping the sun.
    :wink:
    Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • suzster
    Options
    i know legs, i have been out side a bit but just feeling achy and sorry for myself, i'm a bit of a grouch today to, so lovely to be around!
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling achy - I do too! Having trouble sitting down on the toilet because my knees don't want to bend - I have to sort of collapse onto it. Sorry to be graphical but my hubby has heard it for the last two days!

I thought it was supposed to get better with warmer weather? But I have been more active, maybe I'm my own worst enemy?

Nx
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Suzster, sorry you are having problems, I must admit that the warmer weather does not help me, my left wrist is really bad today, hope you soon feel better love Jaspercatxx
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    suzster wrote:
    i seem to be having a flare up but only on my left side, my left knee is swollen and clicky, my left shoulder and neck hurt, feeling pretty fed up because the weather is lovely and i can barely walk due to pain, typical!
    sorry to moan.

Hi Suz
    Its rotten on the rare days we get good weather at the weekend that you are feeling so sore. Have you got a garden or balcony that you can just make yourself comfortable in and read or listen to music in the sunshine?
    Hope the flare passes quickly. How is the sickness now by the way, have you got the meds right or is that all still a problem?
    Take care love Gillx
  • handsy
    handsy Member Posts: 209
    Options
    hi i have had the same problem with my left hand and found i could'nt let anything touch it for the pain . pure agony, what helped me a little was a dish or sink of hot water. hope it helps

the hot water to put your hand in
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    handsy wrote:
    hi i have had the same problem with my left hand and found i could'nt let anything touch it for the pain . pure agony, what helped me a little was a dish or sink of hot water. hope it helps

May as well get something done while your hands are in the water.
    e010.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Susie-biscuits!!!
    Oh no! So sorry you feel rubbish when the weather is so gorg :(:(
    I would try COLD water if it was me - I like cOLD!!!
    Tell Joseph you are NOT washing up - you are too poorly and he can come and do it! :wink: I loved the little person though.
    Hope you wake up and all has settled for you.
    You take care
    Toni x
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Hi
    yeah cool water works better for me to, if its to cold though it hurts.
    hope you feel better soon :D
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    handsy wrote:

May as well get something done while your hands are in the water.
    e010.gif

Joseph 8)

Hi Joseph.
    This is sooooooooooooo good Joseph. I'm having probs with my left hand and arm at present despite sitting out in the Vit D. I find washingup helps.
    Find me an artist? pleasey please.

joyful
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    suzster wrote:
    sorry to moan.
    sorry u r so bad know how u feel was up before 6 this morning in pain if i stand to long sit to long or lay to long so got very long face :( as bit fed up things just start to feel better then wamb its back so chin up hope u better :D
    val
  • suzster
    Options
    thanks all!
    my hand has gone down a tiny bit, probably because i was resting it while i was asleep, but now i'm up and about the swelling is coming back.
    nina, i know what you mean about the toilet! i have a raised toilet seat which helps but my differculty is getting up from it, my knees seem to be a bit clicky and clunky at the moment but i have a rheumy nurse appointment on wednesday so thats something.
    as for sickness, hmmm, i'm taking a lower dose of mtx at the moment, i take 10mg on saturday night then another 10mg on sunday night but although i have sickness it's a bit more easy to cope with but the dose is doing nothing for the RA, as this swelling shows. maybe nurse can help on wednesday? fingers crossed, but only in my head!!!
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Suzster, hope you are feeling better today, my hands and wrists are feeling worse, I need someone to wash up and do some housework, would you like to volunteer Joseph?? :lol::lol::lol::lol: I would gladly take you up on the offer love Jaspercatxx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi Sue, I'v just written a post complaining of a swollend neck, I also feel a bit achy. Sorry, I didn't read this before, typical! :) I know we always say this but, it could be the weather?

Anyway, I hope you and the others with aches and pains today soon feel a lot better. Love Sue :wink: