new

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 1. Jun 2009, 10:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi not been on this forum before only recently been diagnosed with arthritus got some inflimation in joints quite bad at moment over did it last weekend :cry: so paying 4 it still does any one know or groups in worksop area :) not sure which type think its ostio but did not take all in that doc was saying does cheese affect any one else?
val

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi valval

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that you are achey and in pain. It may be a good idea to find out your exact diagnosis from your gp. Osteo and rheumatoid arthritis are treated differently although some of the meds are the same. I presume you had some xrays before you were diagnosed.

Dairy food can affect some people with arthritis. We are all different. I am ok with cheese etc, but I notice oranges and tomatoes do not like me, but I love them. :roll: :roll:

We do have to learn to try to pace ourselves but this is very difficult, as you have found out, by doing too much last weekend.

Look forward to seeing your name around the forum, hope your day goes ok for you,

Chin up,
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • valval
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    Hi valval

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that you are achey and in pain. It may be a good idea to find out your exact diagnosis from your gp. Osteo and rheumatoid arthritis are treated differently although some of the meds are the same. I presume you had some xrays before you were diagnosed.

Dairy food can affect some people with arthritis. We are all different. I am ok with cheese etc, but I notice oranges and tomatoes do not like me, but I love them. :roll: :roll:

We do have to learn to try to pace ourselves but this is very difficult, as you have found out, by doing too much last weekend.

Look forward to seeing your name around the forum, hope your day goes ok for you,

Chin up,
    Elna x
    hi thanks 4 message other half just made me a cup of t so that will help will find out more next time at doc had lots of blood tests so far no xrays mind u was off on hol next day after seeing doc so will have to see what next as usualy able to live with it not in a rush to start with hospital visits ect if gp can get it under control. juat this last week been bad but that the way it goes sure next week will b better?
    val
  • lindah
    lindah Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Hello and welcome.This site is terrific for support,advice and even a good laugh(chit chat forum).
    Hope your flare up eases soon and looking forward to seeing you on here.
    linda H 8)
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi there, welcome to the Forum. I'm sorry I don't know about any areas in Worksop, lol I don't even know any in my own area :lol:

I come on here instead. I was in a very bad way mentally in January when I got diagnosed. The posters I have met and this site have made me a different person. I can come on here any time of day, I don't have to leave the house and worry about mobility or stupid things like parking. You will get answers from people to anything you ask, be it from medications to good support on bad days when it all gets too much for you. The chit-chat Forum in wonderful too, it's light relief for topics not related to arthritis and very good fun. The work matters is great for advice and support if you are still working and run into any difficulties.

You will be welcomed with open arms, there is no clique, no one will ignore your posts. But you could try googling for support groups if you really need face to face support.

Best wishes

Eck
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi again :D

If you go to HOME and click on IN YOUR AREA you may be able to locate any groups in your area. You can post a thread on the Helpline zone, email or phone them.

Bye for now,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, just thought I would welcome you to the forum, sorry that you need to though, it sometimes takes a long time to reach a diagnosis, so bear with it love Jaspercatxx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, A quick note to say I'm glad you've joined. I hope you find the site usful. Hope the pain settles down for you quickly. Love Sue
  • valval
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    Hello, A quick note to say I'm glad you've joined. I hope you find the site usful. Hope the pain settles down for you quickly. Love Sue
    thanks to every one who got in touch feeling more in control now did not sleep well and make everthing seem worse so thanks 4 your messages helped a lot
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Valval
    Welcome to the forum from me too!
    Sorry about the arthur, but it DOES mean you get to chat to all of us :wink:
    I agree with Elna that you may need to go back to GP to suss out exactly what is wrong and might be worth mentioning the difficulty you have sleeping?
    Take care
    Toni x
  • breane
    breane Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Hi Valval, Glad you decided to join the forum. :) It's been a godsend to me and everyone has been very helpful and supportive. I did read somewhere that food doesn't usually affect arthritis but perhaps it's different for each individual person.Hope you're having a good day today. Breane. :lol: