Swollen Neck

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 31. May 2009, 16:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
I had a lovely day yesterday, with gentle stroll round a local nature reserve in the sunshine AND I remebered to cover myself with sun screen! :shock: . Came home and sat in the cool garden, planning new beds and a pond etc. (May never be made, but who cares)!My husband cooked a nice chicken cassarole for supper. We went to bed and then in the early hours of the morning I woke up with an awful headache, a migraine :x Spent the rest of the night in the bathroom. Enough said about that! :x , but luckily I took one of my prescription tablets, naratriptan, and and slept fitfully for most of this great morning, but I don't feel like risking the sun. :? I think part of the cause is that yesterday, for some reason my neck was very painful and even swollen and red. I've not noticed visual differences before, although sometimes it feels as if it is swollen. Has anyone noticed anything like this before? It worries me a bit. Hope you are all enjoying the Sueshine. :D:D:D Love Sue
[/img]

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sue,

I also get swelling in my neck and lumber as a matter of course quite reg really. I also get it around the brain stem and I was told it is to do with over doing things/ upsetting things too much. It did swell really badly at the front and there is a few posts about that one if you go trolling through the older posts.

I hope yours goes down soon mine is huge today, as is most bits that can swell but I have been at work lifting and carrying too much..... I hate Sundays! :lol::wink: So I am off for a bit of a lizard act as I love the sun.......... :wink: You take care and try not to worry its more likely because for what ever reason your neck bones are up set with you. Luv Cris xx
    Oh The pain clinic jabs help to keep some of the swelling down for me so when you go make sure you tell them about it. Good luck in case I forget when you go as my memory is all over the place at the mo....... Like thats unusual eh! :wink::lol:
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi thanks for that, I had a mammogramme on Friday and without telling me what she was going to do she pused my head about to get a good position. It did hurt and the time and I gave a slight??? yell :x she said sorry, did I pinch your breast, I said no its my neck, she gave me a funny look so I explained. I do wish they'd tell you before doing things like that :shock: Thanks for the information. Now it makes sense !!! Love Sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sue,

That's almost certainly what it is, too much of a twist and it's just a bit upset with it all. I think the key for mine is when it gets really swollen I have to be nicer to it for a bit........ Then its back to the sheep salon but only for one more day! :D Luv Cris x
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi, Well, I've got a fair bit of tidying, ironing, and general bits & bobs to do tomorrow and Tuesday, as I'm having my carpel tunnel surgery on Wednesday afternoon. Then I will have an excuse for being lazy for a day or two. The only thing is I won't be able to do much of the things I like to do. Painting, sketching sewing knitting, stroking the cats, driving... and we've got no shops, not one, in the village and the Pubs shut down! I'll die of boredum! :( Still I'll get a few library books in!!!
    Love Sue
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    Hi, Well, I've got a fair bit of tidying, ironing, and general bits & bobs to do tomorrow and Tuesday, as I'm having my carpel tunnel surgery on Wednesday afternoon. Then I will have an excuse for being lazy for a day or two. The only thing is I won't be able to do much of the things I like to do. Painting, sketching sewing knitting, stroking the cats, driving... and we've got no shops, not one, in the village and the Pubs shut down! I'll die of boredum! :( Still I'll get a few library books in!!!
    Love Sue

Hello Sue.
    Good luck with the op on Wednesday pm. Hope everything goes well. You could practice painting with your mouth. Or foot whatever. Would be a laugh if nothing else. All the best
    joyful
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    Options
    hi sue,just wanted to wish you luck with the op.
    take care,enjoy the rest.
    let us know how you get on.
    best wishes debsx
  • woodbon
    Options
    Thank you for the good wishes. I know its only a small thing, but i'm still nervous! :lol: Love Sue