Funny sensations in feet

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 31. May 2009, 18:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,
Some of you may know that I have symptoms similar to carpal tunnel and my ulnar nerves in elbows are being 'pinched'. These sensations are quite bad at the moment. I've now had about 48hrs of 'funny' sensations in my feet. My left foot is worse but basically I've got a numb big toe. I also have tingling and numbness in my little toe and my heels. Nothing I do seems to relieve it. I can't bear this. Any ideas? Anyone else get this? I'm awaiting nerve tests for hands and elbows but it looks like December for the appointment.
Thanks,
Magenta x

Comments

• ifeelninety
    ifeelninety Member Posts: 57
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Have you been tested for B12 defiiency - I have pernicious anemia and that was one of the first signs - apparently it goes hand in hand with RA
  • magenta
    Options
    Hiya,
    I have been tested and my levels are fine. About 9yrs ago my levels were low and they said I wasn't absorbing vit B12 properly and was then prescribed Hydroxycobalamine injections but stopped them after 2yrs. I'm going to my drs-think I must have some nerve damage.
    Thanks for your quick reply-I feel ninety too :shock:
    Magenta x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, My husband found that statins gave him odd sensatons and numbness. Luckily his colestrol wasn't high, its just they like diabetics to take them. Anyway, now hes stopped taking them and the feelings have slowly gone.

Hope the tests give you some answers. You've been waiting long enough! :? :) Love SUE
  • magenta
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    Hi, My husband found that statins gave him odd sensatons and numbness. Luckily his colestrol wasn't high, its just they like diabetics to take them. Anyway, now hes stopped taking them and the feelings have slowly gone.

Hope the tests give you some answers. You've been waiting long enough! :? :) Love SUE
    Thanks Sue xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi magenta

I think you may perhaps have some nerve damage too and a trip to the gp would be a good idea. The December appointment needs to be brought forward a lot sooner.

I hope you get some answers soon.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.