ESA

Options
bjess72
bjess72 Member Posts: 4
Hi, I recently attended a work capabillity assesment for ESA, the entire thing took only 30 mins ! I have just recieved my decision based upon this assesment and to my horror the examiner has marked at zero points , describes me with the wrong type of arthritis and describes my meds as only being mild !!! despite being on Humira ! This means my payments have now stopped when I called the DWP to discuss this they informed me I must now go to the job centre and claim job seekers allowance however when I informed then that I still have employment but Im currently still unfit for it and I claim ESA due to my ssp running out the informed me I'm not entitled to any payment now ! please can you help or advise

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,493
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    This does show a complete lack of understanding of your arthritis and medication and I am sorry to hear you are in such a difficult situation.
    You have one month to appeal against their decision so do get a Welfare Rights Worker - from Social Services, Citizens Advice Bureau or disability organisation such as DIAL UK - to help you with this. Include any letters from your doctors backing your claim and keep a copy of all correspondence between yourself and the ESA office.
    If you are still unhappy with the outcome, you can appeal to an independent tribunal within one month.
    This might sound like a lot of work and aggravation but might be worth it in the long run. I hope it goes well for you.
    Best wishes
    Val
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello I'm so sorry to hear of the problem you have. I can't understand it. I hope you get things sorted out quickly and with the minimum fuss. Love Sue