Hello

jillydog61
jillydog61 Member Posts: 33
edited 5. Jun 2009, 16:40 in Say Hello Archive
Hello, my name is Gill and i am new to the forum. I have had RA for a year now and was on Metho but due to a high liver count have been temp taken off it!! Any body else had this problem and it was not due to alcohol Ha Ha

My partner is not very supportive and it is nice that i have found a place with people WHO UNDERSTAND I am off work sick at the moment, because my hands are painful and swollen

Gill

Comments

• suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi, sorry to hear you are struggling, i think it's hard for partners to understand, mine doesn't either!!
    i have RA and my hands are awful, stiff swollen and so weak.
    it's horrible.
    welcome to the forum, i'm sure you'll find it a freindly welcoming place!!!
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Gill

Welcome to the site. I have never taken metho so cannot help you there. Why not join us on the other forums. Hope to see you posting soon.

Yes we do understand on here. We are all in the same boat under the umbrella of arthritis so know what it is all about.

I hope you feel better soon and are back at work shortly.

All the best,
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Gill
    Welcome to the site from me too!
    Glad to have you on board.
    Take a look on the living with arthritis site for tips and support from us lot or chit chat is for general stuff.
    Hope to see you around
    Toni x
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Gill Welcome to the site its nice to meet you, Sorry about your partner not really understanding, its such a hard illness to deal with. I was on MTX for three years and suffered bad with side effects, Now on Anti TNF treatment. You will get some great support from the regulars on the site. Sorry to cut this short just got a visitor. Take care hope your feeling better soon.
    Colin