life insurance

Options
helenf61
helenf61 Member Posts: 7
Hi, i dont want to seem morbid,but was wondering if there is an insurance that would take me on board with my medical diagnosis. I have tried some, but i don't if i am being penalised because of arthritis and want some advice please. Thank you.

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,493
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Helen
    This is a tricky topic as insurance companies can charge a higher premium if they consider the person is more likely to make a claim.
    However, if your arthritis is well managed they may not consider you an extra risk. It is worth shopping around using search engines and putting in 'insurance for pre-existing medical conditions'. There are many price comparison sites, just make sure they are regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
    It's always best to be honest on any insurance form as any omissions/misinformations can invalidate your insurance.
    You might find the following link helpful
    http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Hotelsandholidayinformation/Holidayinformation/Usefulcontacts
    We also have an article which discusses helpful tips and things to remember which I can post to you if you send us a private email with your address.
    Best wishes
    Val
  • helenf61
    helenf61 Member Posts: 7
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thank you for getting back to me, i had done a bit of searching , and i found that there was no problem having insurance due to my arthritis, but unfortunately i got declined for another reason, which was a bit of a shock and surprise for me. And as i say thank you again for the advice.
    Hello Helen
    This is a tricky topic as insurance companies can charge a higher premium if they consider the person is more likely to make a claim.
    However, if your arthritis is well managed they may not consider you an extra risk. It is worth shopping around using search engines and putting in 'insurance for pre-existing medical conditions'. There are many price comparison sites, just make sure they are regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
    It's always best to be honest on any insurance form as any omissions/misinformations can invalidate your insurance.
    You might find the following link helpful
    http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Hotelsandholidayinformation/Holidayinformation/Usefulcontacts
    We also have an article which discusses helpful tips and things to remember which I can post to you if you send us a private email with your address.
    Best wishes
    Val