Seen at Occupational Health Today

petmad
petmad Member Posts: 252
Well it was the big day, my appointment with the Occupational Health Doctor, he went through all the doctors reports with me and was more than impressed that I had all the ones supplied to him, not only that, I was able to provide two he had not received.
He is of the opinion that I will be unable to return to any form of employment and will be completing the required certificate as I meet all the criteria to receive my pension early.
He is of the opinion that my employers will be unable to withhold my pension for any reason, I will wait and see, perhaps the union person got it wrong when she said they would try to...wont count the pennies just yet, but at least I know I should be able to win if I have to fight. Linda

Comments

  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 12,150
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Linda,

    Hope you don't have to fight and it all goes smoothly and you come out of it ok. Hows your neck doing now? Take care Cris
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Cris, looks like things could be going OK. My neck is still bad, but now I have all my medical reports I have seen the MRI results which state significant spondylosis on multiple area of cervical spine, the worst being at C5/6. So i take it I will continue to have ongoing problems.
    Hope all is well with you. Linda
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Chris,
    Mine was as simple as yours. I'd worried like mad, but it all went so smoothly and quickly I was shocked :shock: Glad yours seems similar. Love Sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 12,150
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Linda,

    Glad the work side is going smoothly, and I hope it's all sorted for you in that respect.

    Sorry your neck isn't as good, I had hoped it would be so much better for you. Mine is also C5/6 and C4/5 with a bit more around C2 and I had some temp nerve blocks done but mine is different as I haven't got cord pressure I seem to remember you did have? I really hope something happens and you find it much less of a problem and, well just a quick cyber (( )) and take care, Luv Cris x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Linda,

    Glad the work side is going smoothly, and I hope it's all sorted for you in that respect.

    Sorry your neck isn't as good, I had hoped it would be so much better for you. Mine is also C5/6 and C4/5 with a bit more around C2 and I had some temp nerve blocks done but mine is different as I haven't got cord pressure I seem to remember you did have? I really hope something happens and you find it much less of a problem and, well just a quick cyber (( )) and take care, Luv Cris x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    woodbon wrote:
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Linda,

    Glad the work side is going smoothly, and I hope it's all sorted for you in that respect.

    Sorry your neck isn't as good, I had hoped it would be so much better for you. Mine is also C5/6 and C4/5 with a bit more around C2 and I had some temp nerve blocks done but mine is different as I haven't got cord pressure I seem to remember you did have? I really hope something happens and you find it much less of a problem and, well just a quick cyber (( )) and take care, Luv Cris x
    I'm going to the pain management clinic at the end of July. My GP thinks they will go for injection nerve blocks and as the letter says to arrange to be driven home it sounds like it. I just want the neck to get a bit better, as I'm having trouble doing things like undressing, dressing, hair washing back washing, and the headaches are more frequent. Love Sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 12,150
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sue,

    I am glad you have a date and I really hope you find they can do the same for your neck as she has done for mine. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and don't worry about having them as they are a god send in my case but now wearing off. I am going to see about having it done permanently or semi-permanently either with Cryo or electric burns...... Sounds drastic but the pain in my neck was worse than anything the rest of me has ever chucked at me! :wink: You take care and in case I forget good luck, Luv Cris x
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hope all goes well for you Sue, it is a real bummer that we have to go through all this to feel better. Let us know how you do as I may face the same in the future. Linda
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    petmad wrote:
    Hope all goes well for you Sue, it is a real bummer that we have to go through all this to feel better. Let us know how you do as I may face the same in the future. Linda

    I've worked my last day (18th), so had to claim ESA yuk! Well, not to bad really, I'll keep you posted! :) Love Sue
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Got paperwork to sign today, to be sent back to personnel. My official date to retire is 31/07/09, I can now relax and believe it is actually going to happen. Linda